Product name: Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers [Box set] [Paperback]
Product Authors: Bobby Lynn Maslen (Author) and John R. Maslen (Illustrator)
Teach a child letter sounds with Bob Books Set 1! With four letters in the first story, children can read a whole book. Consistent new sounds are added gradually, until young readers have read books with all letters of the alphabet (except Q). Short vowels and three-letter words in simple sentences make Bob Books Set 1 a fun confidence builder. With little books, come big success. (TM) Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* These books are a great way to get your child to read and learn fast. The thing my son loves the most about Bob books is that I am not around all the time telling him what to do, and he doesn't have to repeat the books either!
* I love these Bob books. They are a great way of getting my daughter to read and enjoy reading!
* I am an educator and I could probably write and illustrate a bunch of books such as these. But the fact remains that Bob books simply WORK and they are worth every penny. The stories have silly plots yet are enjoyable enough for the little kids!
* I had purchased these books only a day ago and my son is already enjoying reading them! What's more, he can even remember what he has learned on the previous day!
* These are the best books I have found for teaching my child how to read. They were recommended to me by my son's kindergarten teacher, and I can say that these books have immensely boosted his confidence level!
* These books are perfect for the beginning readers because they are phonics-based! An essential quality of Bob books is that they manage to get progressively harder while still remaining at the beginner level!
* If you want to reinforce the reading habit into your little kid then Bob books are the keys to your success! The simple words of Bob books, combined with lots of repetition take kids to the point where they experience success!
* Yes, the illustrations are of poor quality and the stories quite silly, but at the same time these are the easiest books to read for the beginning readers! There is no word in these books that your child can't read, provided that he is truly ready to read!
* My son just loves these books. They are much better than even Seuss' books! Highly recommended!
* These books are like boons for my 1st grader son who suffers from ADHD. Teaching him to read has been nothing short of a challenge for us, but I was quite delightfully excited to watch him finish reading all the 12 Bob books in ONE sitting with very little help from me!
* My son, in spite of being a bookworm, refused to read these books. Every time I asked him to read them, he would complain and whine away under some pretext or other. It was only later I found out that these books are utterly dull and boring, hence the refusal on the part of my son!
* I have heard great things about the Bob books. However my daughter prefers to read the books from the 'Now I'm Reading books' series because they contain colorful drawings and more humorous stories compared to the Bob books!
* These books are thin, containing simple pencil-illustrated drawings. The stories are rather dull and mechanical. The SRA books, in comparison, are more expensive but much better - in that their stories are much more interesting and the illustrations, while not great, are much better than Bob books!
* We bought these for our little kids but the stories were so dull that they didn't want to read them! We had much better success with phonic worksheets and flashcards than with Bob books!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
Give it a try if you want to, although this set doesn't seem to be as good as the other sets of Bob books I have reviewed here! Probably a bit too simplistic - even for kids!
About the Authors:
Bobby Lynn Maslen:
Lynn Maslen Kertell's involvement with Bob Books started when she was in high school. As her parents, Bobby and John Maslen, were writing and illustrating the Bob Books in the 1970s, Lynn joined in by pasting up the artwork and hand lettering each page.
After a hiatus pursuing other interests, Lynn returned to the family business. She gained a true appreciation for the magic of Bob Books as she helped her own daughter learn to read. There are many visual and audio processing skills a child needs to become literate. Bob Books' measured approach respects the steps that turn a child into a reader, and entertains them with real stories that kids can relate to.
Lynn brings the Maslen sense of humor, warmth and gentle encouragement to her writing, as she creates the next generation of Bob Books. She continues Bobby's phonics-based approach to teaching reading, and is proud to contribute to the millions of children who can say with pride, "I read the whole book!"®
Lynn lives in Seattle, Washington with her husband and daughter.
John R. Maslen:
No information available.
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Paperback: 16 pages
Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.6 x 1.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn