Product name: Bob Books Set 2-Advancing Beginners [Box set] [Paperback]
Product Authors: Bobby Lynn Maslen (Author) and John R. Maslen (Illustrator)
Bob Books Set 2-Advancing Beginners continues to build reading skills. Use of three-letter words and consistent vowel sounds in slightly longer stories build confidence. Children love the hilarious (and sometimes mischievous) stories and pictures. These twelve books, filled with fun, drama, and surprise keep interest high for even the youngest readers. Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* My son loves his Bob books. Compared to the first set, the books in the second set consist of longer pages, tougher words and new concepts.
* As a Special Education teacher, I cannot recommend these books highly enough! They train a child's brain to learn the patterns in the English language, which is how children learn to read!
* We are quite pleased with these books. The greatness of the first set continues in the second set too!
* These books are indeed perfect for building the confidence of the beginning readers!
* I love Bob books. If your child wants to learn to read on his/her own, this is a great place to start!
* These Bob books make perfect gifts for the kids. I gave a set of these "Bob books' to my 4-year old granddaughter and she loves them!
* These Bob books are simply wonderful. Thanks to these books, my child is now turning into someone who loves to read and learn!
* These books are great for any child who is 3-years old or even older! They are very easy to read and on top of that, they don't frustrate the kids in any manner!
* When your child is ready to read, the first set is truly indispensable, no doubt. However the second set, while good, may not be necessary!
* While I liked this second set, I was disappointed by the fact that it contained some of the same books we had from the first set!
* I love Bob books. However, I was quite disappointed by the fact that out of the twelve books included in the second set, half of them were already present in the first set!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
These books seem to be good value for your wallet. Make sure that you buy the right set though, or you may end up getting duplicate books!
About the Authors:
Bobby Lynn Maslen:
Lynn Maslen Kertell's involvement with Bob Books started when she was in high school. As her parents, Bobby and John Maslen, were writing and illustrating the Bob Books in the 1970s, Lynn joined in by pasting up the artwork and hand lettering each page.
After a hiatus pursuing other interests, Lynn returned to the family business. She gained a true appreciation for the magic of Bob Books as she helped her own daughter learn to read. There are many visual and audio processing skills a child needs to become literate. Bob Books' measured approach respects the steps that turn a child into a reader, and entertains them with real stories that kids can relate to.
Lynn brings the Maslen sense of humor, warmth and gentle encouragement to her writing, as she creates the next generation of Bob Books. She continues Bobby's phonics-based approach to teaching reading, and is proud to contribute to the millions of children who can say with pride, "I read the whole book!"®
Lynn lives in Seattle, Washington with her husband and daughter.
John R. Maslen:
No information available.
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Paperback: 12 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.7 x 1.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn