Product name: Bob Books Set 3 - Word Families [Paperback]
Product Authors: Lynn Maslen (Author) and John R. Maslen (Illustrator)
In Bob Books Set 3: Word Families, children progress gently into the next steps of reading. Consonant blends, endings, and a few sight words advance reading skills and create more complex stories. Use of word families make longer stories more manageable. Children love the eight books and hilarious pictures. They delight in two fun-to-do activity books. Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This is a great set. My daughter was struggling with reading! Thanks to these books, she can now pick up just about anything and read it!
* My 5-year old grandson loves these books. He is able to pick out most of the words by himself, and he is proud of being able to do that!
* These are great books for the beginner readers. If your child is ready to learn but you don't have enough literature books at home, this is a great place to start!
* As a former teacher, I cannot recommend these books highly enough for the beginning readers. The drawings are simple and the language basic!
* These Bob books are good for children who are starting to read. I and my daughter enjoy reading these books together. I highly recommend them!
* These Bob books are great. Each book is interesting enough to hold a child's interest and attention I would recommend them for the children between the age group of 4 and 5 years!
* These books are more interesting than most of the 'phonics' books out there! My grandchildren used to enjoy listening to them before they began to read these books!
* My kids are never more proud of themselves than when they are working their way through these Bob books. I would highly recommend them!
* These Bob books are great. Kids love them because they are short and easy to read. Highly recommended!
* I think these books are a must-buy. The books themselves are short while the stories are funny and engaging, which is why my daughter loves reading them!
* I am six years old and I did not like this book at all because it felt like a book for the babies. Overall, this is not a nice book at all!
* I didn't like the activity books included in this set: the directions are way too hazy. I also wish the books contained more sight words and three-letter words!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
I would happily recommend these for your little kids! They seem to be a good value for money!
About the Authors:
Bobby Lynn Maslen:
Lynn Maslen Kertell's involvement with Bob Books started when she was in high school. As her parents, Bobby and John Maslen, were writing and illustrating the Bob Books in the 1970s, Lynn joined in by pasting up the artwork and hand lettering each page.
After a hiatus pursuing other interests, Lynn returned to the family business. She gained a true appreciation for the magic of Bob Books as she helped her own daughter learn to read. There are many visual and audio processing skills a child needs to become literate. Bob Books' measured approach respects the steps that turn a child into a reader, and entertains them with real stories that kids can relate to.
Lynn brings the Maslen sense of humor, warmth and gentle encouragement to her writing, as she creates the next generation of Bob Books. She continues Bobby's phonics-based approach to teaching reading, and is proud to contribute to the millions of children who can say with pride, "I read the whole book!"®
Lynn lives in Seattle, Washington with her husband and daughter.
John R. Maslen:
No information available.
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Paperback: 12 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 5.6 x 1.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn