Product name: BOB Books: Sight Words: Kindergarten [Paperback]
Product Authors: Lynn Maslen Kertell (Author) and Sue Hendra (Illustrator)
From the bestselling learn-to-read program comes a brand-new set of books dedicated entirely to SIGHT WORDS! Kindergarten edition.
Sight words are common words that appear again and again in your children's reading material. Knowing these words "by sight" is essential for reading fluency. Children learn to easily recognize these words in Bob Books Sight Words. Consistent short vowels and simple stories mean children sound out (decode) most of the story, and must memorize only three sight words per book. With plenty of repetition and context clues, your young reader will quickly master early sight words. Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* These books are simple in layout and the pictures don't distract the kids because they are just black-and-white drawings. I highly recommend them!
* These books are perfect for the early readers. The stories are short but at the same time quite engaging. These books are best fitted for anyone who has already learned a couple of sight words and can decode CVC words!
* These books are simply wonderful! They are quite short and simple minus any kind of confusing words or phonics! I have got every one of these sets at home!
* All the tools contained in this boxset are well-designed and planned to help a child grow and improve their reading skills - irrespective of their current reading level! The flash cards are indeed a nice addition!
* These books are a must for any child who is beginning to learn their ABC's. They may look boring to a 'normal' adult reader, but my son who is 2 months into the kindergarten, is really excited about reading them! Thanks to these books, his teachers have started calling him a super reader!
* With the help of these books, my daughter has dramatically improved her fluency in reading. More importantly, these books have improved her confidence level! I would highly recommend them!
* This is an awesome book-series. These books are truly successful in teaching my four-year child to read! I believe that these books make "reading" look very easy to the kid!
* I am very happy with this book set. In fact, this is my favorite set in the Bob series so far! My 5-year old loves it. I would highly recommend that you buy this set!
* Reading has always been a struggle for my son but thanks to these books, he is really improving! The repetition of the words is just great and the sentences vary so that my son can use those words in any context without having to memorize anything! The flash cards are great too and they work hand-in-hand with the books. I wish I had found these books earlier!
* This is yet another great addition from the well-reputed Bob series. However, I'd suggest that you insert these after Series 1 or 2; if your child is already past Series 5 then these are worthless in my opinion!
* If you want to teach phonics to your child then this set is NOT for you! These books contain 'sight words' which HAVE phonetic spelling and must be taught phonetically; this is a less effective teaching method compared to actual phonics!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
I believe that these books are useful in improving the reading level and intelligence of your kids, especially those within their kindergarten years! I would highly recommend this package!
About the Authors:
Lynn Maslen Kertell:
Lynn Maslen Kertell is based in Seattle and writes for the Bob Books series of early readers. The series was founded in the 1970's by her parents Bobby and John Maslen.
Lynn has been involved with the Bob Books from the beginning, starting with paste up and lettering of the first edition. She later spent several years in art and design ventures but returned to the family business as her own daughter was beginning to read.
Her daughter now joins the millions of kids that happily exclaim, "I read the whole book!"®
Lynn lives in Seattle with her daughter, husband, family dog and pet pigeons.
No information available.
Age Range: 3 - 5 years
Paperback: 48 pages
Publisher: Cartwheel Books
Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 5.7 x 1.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn