Product name: Duck, You Sucker (aka A Fistful of Dynamite) (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) (2007)
James Coburn, Rod Steiger. When an IRA explosives expert meets up with a revolutionary bandit in Mexico, he is persuaded to join their cause. This collector's edition is loaded with plenty of action-packed dynamite" and lots of bonus features, too. AKA Fistful of Dynamite . 2 DVDs. 1971/color/157 min/NR/widescreen. Click here for more information!
Special features of this edition:
-Featurette- The Myth of Revolution- Sir Christopher Frayl8ing discusses Leone'spolitical leanings, his maturing method and style
-Featurette- Sergio Donati Remembers "Duck You Sucker!"
-Featurette- Once Upon a Time in Italy (aka: The Autry Exhibition) - BTS of putting together an exhibit on Leone
-Featurette- Sorting Out the Versions - including shortened versions, the long flashback scene, UA's decision to rename the film
-Featurette- Restoration Italian Style - John Kirk discusses restoring the original Italian version for the first time on DVD
-Featurette- Location Comparisons - intercutting film clips with current footage of locations used.
-Radio Spots -6 Radio spots - audio only with texted video
-Original Theatrical Trailer (4x3)
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This is a A-1 western! Both Coburn and Steiger are great in their respective roles. The way their characters slowly build up a relationship between them is totally believable! I was also mesmerized by the music!
* While I would not call it my favorite Sergio Leone film, there is something in it that makes me want to watch it over and over again! This edition contains, for the first time, the uncut version of the movie, including a lot of flashbacks and extended scenes that were not included in the original U.S. theatrical release!
* This is a movie with a unique story and it contains plenty funny as well as brutal scenes! Only Leone could make a film like this! Both the dialog and the soundtrack are quite haunting!
* Although not as good as Once Upon A Time In The West and The Good The Bad and the Ugly, this movie is still a masterpiece! Ennio Morricone's score and the larger-than-life performances of the lead characters contribute to the humor of the film!
* This is a great movie by a great director. It has been my favorite movie for years! If you are a fan of Sergio Leone then this is a must-buy for you!
* The over-the-top direction of Leone as well as the horrible accents of Steiger and Coburn make this movie a fun to watch! I also love its musical score!
* This is a great spaghetti western with powerful performances from both James Coburn and Rod Steiger - the latter portraying the role of a Mexican quite convincingly! The soundtrack by the legendary Ennio Morricone is equally good! If you love westerns then I highly recommend it to you!
* Although on the surface this movie contains a lot of heavy-handed political overtones, beneath that is the tale of how a man who had given up on his himself finally finds redemption, and also that of a cynical IRA fugitive who, unlike what he says, indeed cares about the common people! Leone's handling of both these characters as well as the confrontation scenes are indeed brilliant!
* I am glad that this movie is finally out on DVD! The acting from both James Coburn and Rod Steiger is just awesome! The ending of this version comes with a special twist that was absent in the original version!
* This movie starts on a light tone but don't be fooled by that because it gains in depth and insight once the story progresses! Keeping in mind a brilliant quality visual transfer, as well as the director's commentary and other featurettes included in this collection set, I think that it is well worth the price!
* I saw the original movie long time ago and I liked it. Little did I know that this is an edited version of the movie; it sure spoiled the whole experience for me!
* This DVD transfer is awesome indeed, no doubt! In fact, it is quite fantastic at places. However, it does NOT include the deleted torture scene of Villega!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
From the fistful of westerners directed by Sergio Leone, this one goes a little 'political'! Still, it is well worth watching once, at least. Myself, I have watched it twice! There are both good and bad moments in this movie, and I wish Rod Steiger hadn't hammed so much!
But, even if you don't buy the movie, do yourself a favor and buy the "Sean, Sean" killer soundtrack at least: you won't regret it one bit!
Unlike some of Leone's other westerns, this one contains some serious, powerful as well funny dialog as well.
Serious such as (actually this one is my favorite):
"That's why you've brought me with you. To kill me, hehe. It's easy to judge. Have you ever been tortured? Are you sure you wouldn't talk? I was sure. And yet I talked. Some men died because of me. What should I do? Kill myself? Why? The dead remain dead but me, I have not changed. I still believe in the same things. I can continue to serve the cause."
Or funny such as:"
"Heh, now he goes to sleep, eh. You go ahead, you sleep. Sleep. I tell you something God: When he's asleep, I go. Shhh."[Source: The above dialog quotes are from IMDB]
The movie's soundtrack contains the following tracks:
1. Giu la testa (Originale)
2. Amore (Originale)
3. Mesa verde (Originale)
4. Marcia degli accattoni (Originale)
5. I figli morti (Originale)
6. Addio messico (Originale)
7. Scherzi a parte (Originale)
8. Messico e Irlanda (Originale)
9. Invenzione per John (Originale)
10. Rivoluzione contro (Originale)
11. Dopo l'esplosione (Originale)
1. Mesa verde (Version 2)
2. Giu la testa (Version 2)
3. Marcia degli accattoni (Version 2)
4. Mesa verde (Version 3)
5. Rivoluzione contro (Version 2)
6. Giu la testa (Version 3)
7. Dopo l'esplosione (Version 2)
8. Scherzi a parte (Version 2)
9. Messico e Irlanda (Version 2)
10. Invenzione per John (Version 2)
11. Giu la testa (Version 4)
12. Rivoluzione contro (Version 3)
13. Giu la testa (Version 5)
14. Dopo l'esplosione (Version 3)
15. Giu la testa (Version 6)
Click here for more information about the movie's soundtrack!
Actors: Rod Steiger, James Coburn, Romolo Valli, Maria Monti, Rik Battaglia
Directors: Sergio Leone
Writers: Sergio Leone, Carlo Tritto, Luciano Vincenzoni, Roberto De Leonardis, Sergio Donati
Producers: Claudio Mancini, Fulvio Morsella
Format: AC-3, Collector's Edition, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Dubbed: French, Spanish
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 2
Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Studio: MGM (Video & DVD)
DVD Release Date: June 5, 2007
Run Time: 157 minutes
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn