Product name: What NOT to Give Your Mom on Mother's Day [Hardcover]
Product Authors: Martha Simpson (Author) and Jana Christy (Illustrator)
A little boy offers advice on what NOT to give your mom on Mother's Day, unless she's an animal. For example, don't give her a rotting log unless she's a salamander, or a bunch of flies unless she's a spider! What would Mom like best? Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* The reason I like this book is because it is very engaging. I am sure my daughter will like it too. I highly recommend this book!
* If you are looking for a mother's day gift then you've got a winner here. The story is simple but cute - it is all about different weird gifts and which one would be perfect for mom!
* This book is funny, entertaining and comes with great illustrations. I enjoyed reading it to my 4-year old daughter!
* This is a great and cute book that kids can read with their mom. I liked the illustrations, though I would like to have a few more gift ideas included!
* This cute book is about what animal mothers would like to have on mother's day. However, the book ends up being a list-based book, although I would have preferred it to be story-based. Thankfully, my kid still likes it!
* This great book is for discussing not just Mother's day but also the animal kingdom with kids. It is full of colorful illustrations which would surely appeal to the young kids!
* This is the perfect book to read to a child the day before Mother's Day. Through various gift ideas it teaches children the significance of this day! The illustrations are cute as well!
* My son liked this book very much. The story includes some of the obscure animals which he enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this book for the younger children out there!
* The story teaches children that mother's day is not all about them; after all, moms like to get gifts too! The illustrations are bright and large. Overall, it is a very happy and adorable book that you can introduce to a child!
* It is not a bad book but it could have been much better. The premise is great and the story is cute and perfect for mother's day, but I expected it to be a bit more humorous!
* The story is cute and I think that kids would find some of the gift ideas pretty funny, but I feel that it could have been better as a board book!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
The illustrations are cute and the story, though a bit simplistic, is perfect for the toddlers out there. Highly recommended as a Mother's Day gift item!
About the Authors:
Martha Simpson has written a variety of professional books for public librarians and media specialists, including Bringing Children into the Public Library. She is Head of Children's Services at the Stratford Library Association in Connecticut and lives in nearby Hamden.
Martha and her husband have four grown children and she fondly remembers all those Mother's Day breakfasts. What Not to Give Your Mom on Mother's Day is her first picture book.
Jana Christy has illustrated a number of picture books, including Around the Neighborhood by Sarah L. Thompson and How to Hug by Maryann Macdonald. She lives with her husband and two sons in North Adams, Massachusetts.
Age Range: 3 and up
Hardcover: 22 pages
Publisher: Two Lions
Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 9.5 x 0.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn