Company Name: Hetzner Online AG
Official Home Page: HetznerOnline.de
Hetzner Online offers several web hosting services such as web hosting, dedicated servers, Vservers, Managed Servers, collocation, etc. In addition, they also offer domain registration services as well as SSL certificates! According to their domain's WHOIS info, they have been in business since 2008, and they are based in Germany (D-91710 Gunzenhausen)!
* Full root access
* 1 Dedicated IPv4 address
* IPv6 subnet (/64)
* Administrations software Webmin (available for LAMP)
* 24h Servermonitoring with email notification
* 24h Resetservice via Webinterface
* Rescue System
* VNC Installation
* Image Installer
* Traffic Statistics
* Reverse DNS Administration
* Domain Registration Robot
* Free Email-Support
* 420 GB Bandwidth
* Redundant Network
* Juniper Routing-Technology
* 100 % switched network; no collision domains
* High Speed Access to all Internet-Uplinks
* 24/7 Monitoring
* Network Availability min. 99%
* No minimum contract period
* Optional advance payment by debit order
* Cancellation period: 30 day to month-end
* Individual payment options for Authorities and Public Services on request
None! All services rendered by Hetzner Online are non-refundable!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the company's ACTUAL customers:
* I have been with Hetzner for the last 7-8 months and so far haven't had any problems with them. Having said that, I find their setup fee pretty steep!
* We have six servers with Hetzner and everything - right from reboots, reinstalls to support tickets - just works fine! They accept payments only through credit cards though!
* You simply cannot go wrong with Hetzner! They are the best hosting provider within Germany!
* I have been with Hetzner for more than one year now and I find their tech support response pretty fast! Also, I hardly experience any mind of downtime at all!
* I have 7 servers with Hetzner and enjoy 100% network uptime with them. The only time I had any downtime was when they were shifting my servers to a new datacenter!
* I have been a customer of Hetzner for a year now and have not experienced any kind of power outages. All in all, in this entire year, I had only 10 minutes of downtime. That said, their bandwidth is NOT unlimited!
* I am quite happy with my 1-year experience as a customer of Hetzner! I must say that their network is excellent, and hardware of top quality. In this long period, I had only two downtimes, one of them being already planned in advance! However, if you need more than 1TB of bandwidth per month, then Hetzner is not for you!
* We have been with Hetzner for the past eight years and never had a problem with them. Tech support response is extremely fast, while the network uptime is great too, given the low prices they charge. However, if you want premium servers my advice would be to look elsewhere!
* Hetzner offers a stable network (of over 100GBps bandwidth) and an easy-to-use control panel which makes both the recovery and reboot of the server a snap! I have about 4 servers with them and I think that they are quite affordable.
* I have been with Hetzner for more than a year now and I absolutely love them! They offer excellent network uptime and a flawless service! Finally, I can sleep peacefully at night without any worries of my websites suffering any kind of downtime! One thing I love about Hetzner is that unlike other providers, they don't oversell their hosting space!
* Hetzner is a huge company and they own their datacenter. They offer unmanaged servers which is the reason why they are so cheap. Bear in mind though that they have a strict TOS - the moment you violate any of their terms your server could be suspended! Also, they require valid ID proof during the signup process!
* Don't join Hetzner! I have never experienced such terrible customer support as I got from them! Believe me, you will always have problems whenever you install any software on your server and then there will be no one to help you! I had signed up with Hetzner 10 days ago and now I feel like I have wasted my money!
* I had purchased a dedicated server from Hetzner but did not receive any confirmation emails regarding my account details. No dice even after sending them snapshots of my passport and credit card, as well as submitting 2-4 support tickets to them!
* If you are a savvy Linux guru then and then only signup with Hetzner! Otherwise, don't bother with them. If you need any kind of help and support from them (except for replacing broken hardware and reinstalling their system back to default settings), you won't get any! I wish I had read the fine print before signing up with them!
* With Hetzner you hardly get any real help except for canned replies and stock email messages. They hardly ever investigate your complaint thoroughly before replying to your ticket. What I find strange about Hetzner is that they didn't even do something as simple as removing a hard drive for me - instead, they sent me the usual stock reply that they are connecting me to a LARA console; interestingly, that seems to be their stock answer to most of their customers' problems!
* From our experience, Hetzner servers are not fit for hosting production websites. Only use their servers for things that are redundant: such as an extra backup storage. For, you can expect your server to go offline any time and for any length of time - either to due false abuse complaints, DDOS attacks or hardware-related problems!
* After one of my hard disks failed, they replaced it with a new one but then I was left with a broken array! Instead of helping me fix it, they sent me a long list of instructions of how to fix it myself, but I am no Linux genius at all! On top of that, there are other intermitted problems with the hardware: for example, the server goes offline every 1-2 days and the hardware reset option does not always work as expected!
I understand they are unmanaged and I really don't need any software support from them but I believe that if a customer faces hardware-related issues within just a week of signup - that too twice and on brand new servers, then it is Hetzner's responsibility to investigate and fix these issues! I believe that on one hand Hetzner uses poor quality hardware and on the other, refuses to offer support whenever their customers are in a fix! I am considering leaving them forever. Indeed, Hetzner's prices are too good to be true!
* In the two long years I have been with Hetzner, I've experienced a faulty hard disk! Other than that, I am a happy customer. However, I have to say that Hetzner should take a long hard look at their customer service reps, unless they want to lose customers!
* Hetzner support reps are so stubborn that you need to write them at least 100 emails to actually persuade them to do anything for you! I notice that most of their customers have hardware-related problems. I wonder what kind of hardware they use. Is their hardware of such poor quality?
* I have five servers with Hetzner! However, all of a sudden I got a notice that our production server, which attracts more than one million visitors per month, has gone offline! We later found out that the WordPress template we were using on our website did not come with the right to remove the footer link - which we did, upon which the owner of the template complained to Hetzner and they promptly took our server offline without sending us any kind of notification, despite the fact that they always have our primary email address on file. Even though we have spent more than $10k on them they have not even sent us a letter of apology for this horrible behavior. I am very much inclined to take my business elsewhere!
For the low price, Hetzner looks good. They are worth a try if you are as tech savvy as a Linux sysadmin and want to buy cheap unmanaged servers. Don't expect much from the support because well, as I said, they run UNMANAGED servers; therefore, there is no question but that you won't get any kind of software-related support from them! In fact, forget about software support, it seems like it is hard to get any help from Hetzner even for any kind of hardware-related issues! Remember, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for!
Hetzner Online is a professional web hosting provider and experienced data center operator. Since 1997 the company has provided private and business clients with high-performance hosting products as well as the necessary infrastructure for efficient operation of websites. A combination of stable technology, attractive pricing and flexible support and services has enabled Hetzner Online to continuously strengthen its market position both nationally and internationally.
In addition, Hetzner Online is committed to environmental protection and to reducing CO2 emissions.
* Dedicated Hosting
* Colocation Racks
* Shared Hosting
* Internet Domains
* SSL Certificates
Hetzner Online stands for high-quality and fast hardware in conjunction with an outstanding price-performance ratio with the support of a competent, in-house service team. Qualified experts in the data center are accessible 24/7 for emergencies.
Numerous top ratings in well-known IT journals attest to the special benefits of Hetzner Online.
Moreover, Hetzner Online was distinguished once again as best German hosting provider by the Association of German Internet Enterprises (eco) in 2011.
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Snail mail: Hetzner Online AG
Stuttgarter Str. 1
91710 Gunzenhausen, Germany
Phone: +49 (9831) 61 00 6-1
Best Time to Call: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-6:00 pm
Fax: +49 (9831) 61 00 6-2
Email: None Available
Live Chat: None Available
Community Support: None Available
COMPANY TERMS AND POLICIES:
Terms of Service: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/legal/agb
Shared Web Hosting Details (as gotten from Ticket 2013040503002096):
1. Restriction on cron usage for shared hosting accounts?: Yes. 10 cronjobs are allowed. Each of them with minimum of 2 hours
2. Email Sending Restrictions on Shared Hosting Accounts: You're allowed to send 500 (individual) emails per hour.
3. Allow_url_include, allow_url_fopen and SSI enabled?: Yes.
4. Passthru(),system(), and exec() enabled?: Yes.
5. Ioncube and zend allowed?: Yes.
6. 777 chmod allowed?: Yes.
7. Grace period allowed in case of payment failure: You have a 14 days money back period. If payment is failed you have a grace period.
8. Backup policy for shared hosting accounts?: We backup daily and you have access to the last 14 backups (without charges)
9. Clustered hosting offered?: No.
10. Perl 5.6 or later,mod_rewrite, Crypt::SSLeay,DBI module, etc enabled?: Perl: 5.10.x; mod_rewrite: Yes; Crypt::SSLeay: Yes; DBI module: Yes
Service Cancellation Terms:
How do I terminate my hosting package and domain with Hetzner?
Note: You are required to re-allocate or cancel any active Parked or Multiple domains listed on the main account prior to submitting your termination for the main account. To re-allocate a Parked or Multiple domain, please submit a request to admin [at] hetzner [dot] co [dot] za.
To cancel a hosting account, you can proceed with the steps below:
Browse to konsoleH (http://myaccount.hetzner.co.za)
Login with your Customer number or email address and Management password
Select or search for the domain name that you wish to cancel in the ‘Hosting Services’ tab
Select ‘Manage Services’
Select ‘Manage Terminations’ and then select ‘Confirm’.
Select ‘Terminate hosting and domain’ from the dropdown box
Select a reason for terminating your package from the dropdown list
If ‘Other’ is selected, please provide your reasons before proceeding to the next screen
The date when your package will be deleted from our server will be displayed on the screen. This date will be 30 days after you’ve requested cancellation.
Domains will be deleted according to the following schedule:
With co.za and org.za domain names, a deletion request will be sent to the registrar one day prior to the renewal date of the domain. It will become available for re-registration 24 hours after the submission of the deletion ticket. Transferring org.za domains that were registered for non-profit organizations must be arranged with the appropriate registrar directly.
With international domain names (.com, .co, .cc, .de, .mobi, .tv, .net, .info, .org, .biz, .eu), termination will be set 30 days prior to renewal and will become available for re-registration on the domain’s renewal date.
Domains with co.uk extensions will not be renewed and, in response to this, the registrar will delete the domain before its next renewal date.
If Hetzner is not the billing contact for the domain, the deletion of your domain needs to be arranged directly with the domain’s registrar.
Ensure that you have a copy of your website content and email as it will be deleted from our servers 30 days after Hetzner has received your termination request.
Hetzner remains committed to providing superior service levels. Providing Hetzner with your reason(s) for terminating a package will assist us in improving our service. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Consequences of withdrawal
In the event of a valid revocation of this agreement each party shall return to the respective other party the benefits received.
Your right of withdrawal expires prematurely, if the contract is completely fulfilled by both parties at your specific request, before you have practiced your right of withdrawal.
Obligations regarding refunds must be fulfilled within 30 days. The period begins for you on sending your revocation, for us upon receipt thereof.
Most of the above information regarding this hosting company has been collected by us through various sources (apart from the information offered on company's website), such as:Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn