Product name: Are You My Mother? (Beginner Books(R)) [Illustrated] [Hardcover]
Product Author: P.D. Eastman
This is the classic from which many of our staff first learned to read, starting us on a path of unremitting bibliophilia. Are You My Mother? follows a confused baby bird who's been denied the experience of imprinting as he asks cows, planes, and steam shovels the Big Question. In the end he is happily reunited with his maternal parent in a glorious moment of recognition. Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* If you are looking forward to introducing your child to the joys of reading, then there is no better book than this one. Heck, it is the perfect book even for the youngest child out there!
* My son used to read this book as a kid. He is now 16-years old and still has this book with him. It is a classic book. I cannot wait for the day when he would be reading it to his children!
* My six-month old son simply adores this book. It makes a suitable toy for him as it keeps him occupied and engaged for a long time!
* This is a good book for the beginning reader because the story is simple and humorous, the drawings help lighten the mood of the child, and he can easily relate to the words with the help of the illustrations because they are so well coordinated!
* Every night I ask my child what he wants me to read to him, I get the same answer from him! Indeed, this is truly a heartwarming, sweet and funny book that you can read every day and not get tired of it!
* This is yet another masterpiece from Eastman. Just like his other books, the story is told in a simple fashion, guided by brilliant illustrations. The dialogs are simple enough for the beginning readers, while complex enough to keep the parents from getting bored!
* This is an excellent book that you can introduce to your toddler. My 19th month old calls it his 'Mama book'!
* Every time I buy a new Eastman book I make it a point to send it to my little granddaughter. After all, I am confident that she is going to love it! In short, P.D. Eastman is a brand you can trust to keep your child happy!
* This book is no doubt a classic, but DO NOT buy the boardbook edition because that story in the boardbook edition is abridged. If you want to enjoy the whole story then buy only the hardcover edition!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
Sweet, funny and engaging, what better book there could be for toddlers than this one! Go ahead and grab it. You won't be disappointed!
About the Author:
Philip Dey "Phil" Eastman (November 25, 1909 – January 7, 1986) was an American screenwriter, children's author, and illustrator. As an author, he is known primarily as P. D. Eastman.
Age Range: 3 - 7 years
Hardcover: 72 pages
Publisher: Beginner Books
Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 0.4 x 9.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn