Product name: Apple TV MD199LL/A [NEWEST VERSION]
The sleek Apple TV with 1080p HD gives you the best entertainment right on your widescreen TV. Choose from thousands of current and classic movies and TV shows on iTunes--many in amazing 1080p HD. Watch live sports in HD. Access content from Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, and more. And with AirPlay, you can play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your TV.
* Buy or rent from the largest selection of HD movies--over 15,000 titles.
* Buy commercial-free HD TV shows--over 90,000 TV episodes.
* Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (subscription required).
* Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
* Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.1
* View the most recent photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud (requires iCloud-enabled device).
* Watch live and archived MLB, NBA, and NHL games in HD.2
* With an iTunes Match subscription you can listen to all of your favorite songs in your iCloud library from your HDTV.3
* Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
* Stream everything you watch over 802.11n Wi-Fi.
* Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video (cable sold separately).
Click here for more information!
* 1080p HD programming, including iTunes movies and TV shows, Netflix, Vimeo, photos and more in HD
* Access your purchased movies, TV shows, and music with iTunes Match right from iCloud
* Stream video, games, and more from iOS devices using AirPlay; music, videos, and photos can also be streamed from PCs and Macs
* HDMI and digital optical audio output; connects to network via Wireless-N or Ethernet
* Comes with 7-button aluminum Apple remote; can be controlled by iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch via Remote app
* Brand Name: Apple
* System Requirements:
-Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
-iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies and buying TV shows
-Netflix account for streaming Netflix content
-For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
-MLB.TV subscription required to watch live and archived games
-NBA.com League Pass Broadband subscription required to watch live and archived games
-NHL GameCenter Live subscription required to watch live and archived games
* H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
* MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
* HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
* Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
* JPEG, GIF, TIFF
What's in the Box:
Apple TV, aluminum Apple Remote, power cord, documentation
AppleCare Protection Plan:
Every Apple TV comes with a one-year limited warranty and 90 days of telephone technical support. The AppleCare Protection Plan for Apple TV extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple TV. With the AppleCare Protection Plan for Apple TV, you get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical support on connecting to AirPort networks; renting movies from the iTunes Store; accessing photos on your computer; and streaming content from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You also get global repair coverage for your Apple TV and select Apple peripherals.
Apple Hardware Coverage:
* Your Apple TV
* AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, or Time Capsule6
* Included Apple Remote and power cord
Software Support Included:
* Connecting to AirPort networks
* Renting movies from the iTunes Store
* Accessing photos on your computer
* Streaming content from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* In comparing Apple TV to Roku2 XS, I would say that while Apple TV is simpler to use, Roku offers you much more choice (in terms of channels). At the end of the day, it is the simplicity of usage that counts. Therefore, I would say that Apple TV is a far better choice!
* If you are a Mac or iOS user, this is a must-have accessory for you! The rate of energy efficiency is excellent!
* I love it! At a screen resolution of 1080 pixels, it is just amazing when you can watch virtually anything, even Amazon Instant Video, directly on your large LCD screen!
* Apple TV is the most-used electronic device in our household. Personally, I would not be able to love without it!
* If you are a Netflix and/or iPad user, this gadget would be a nice addition. I love the price! The only problem is that this new version of Apple TV turns on automatically!
* We already own an older version of Apple TV and in our experience, it is as good as Blu-Ray! If your TV is already 1080p then this new model is definitely the one you would want to grab!
* This Apple TV is an amazing device. It natively supports Hulu and a lot more! Even if you are not a fan of Apple, I think you would still love it!
* We already bought many Apple products in the past and this was yet another great addition to the mix! We were surprised by the fact that in addition to the HDMI connector, this version of Apple TV also comes with a high fidelity TOSLINK optical audio out-connection!
* I own both Roku 2 XS and Apple TV and personally, I prefer the latter, because unlike Roku, Apple TV offers YouTube! Plus, with Apple's AirPlay technology, I can directly stream from my iOS or Mac to my TV without using wires at all!
* I cancelled my DirecTV service before buying this device. Apple TV is so good that it has effectively replaced my DirecTV service, without the additional headache of monthly subscription!
* Its interface is elegant, setting it up is a breeze, and using it is dead simple. That said, I think that function-wise, Apple TV is extremely limited in what it has to offer!
* While Apple TV is great for YouTube and listening to music, I think that feature-wise, Roku is much better!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
I would say that Roku being Roku, it can never be Apple TV for sure, and the opposite is also true. Comparing each product's features with the other is a good way of starting your market research. You have already read my review on Apple TV; you can read my review on Roku here. Then you can decide about which one to buy; if you ask me, I would say that you cannot go wrong with either!
Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 0.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Item model number: MD199LL/A
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell phones and mobile computing. It also continues to innovate its core Mac desktop and laptop computers, all of which feature its OS X operating system, including the iMac all-in-one desktop for the consumer and education markets, the MacBook Air ultra-portable laptop, and the high-end Mac Pro and MacBook Pro for consumers and professionals. Apple scored a runaway hit with its digital music players (iPod) and online music store (iTunes). Its iPad tablet computer has become another game-changer in the consumer market. Apple gets nearly 40% of sales from customers in the US.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014
Best Time to Call: None Available
Email: None Available
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn