Product name: Nikon D800 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Hold in your hands an HD-DSLR able to capture images rivaled only by that produced by a medium-format camera: extremely low noise, incredible dynamic range, the most faithful colors, the broadest tonal range. Meet the Nikon D800, a 36.3 megapixel FX-format D-SLR for professional photographers who require end results of the highest quality; who demand superior performance, speed, handling and a fully integrated imaging system. For multimedia professionals, 36.3MP means true 1080p HD cinematic quality video.
The essential tool for today’s still and video professional, every photo will astound, every video will dazzle.What's in the box: Nikon D800 SLR Digital Camera (Body Only), EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery (1900mAh) , MH-25 Quick Charger for EN-EL15 Battery 1 Year Warranty, DK-17 Finder Eyepiece (Replacement),UC-E14 USB Cable, USB Cable Clip, Camera Strap, BM-12 LCD Monitor Cover, BF-1B Body Cap, BS-1 Hot-Shoe Cover, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM and 1-Year Limited Warranty.
* Reveal every nuance, every detail
* Broadcast quality video
* Render every megapixel with precision
* Versatile shooting, fluid operation
* EXPEED 3 image processing
* Rich image previewing
* Expand dynamic range with built-in HDR
* Dedicated picture control button
Click here for more information!
* Extreme resolution 36.3-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor
* Full 1080p HD broadcast quality video and minimized rolling shutter
* View simultaneous Live View output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI terminal
* Multi-Area Full HD D-Movie Video Recording Mode
* Comprehensive high fidelity audio recording and playback control
* Brand Name: Nikon
* Model: 25480
* Optical Sensor Resolution: 36.3 MP
* Optical Sensor Technology: CMOS
* Optical zoom: 1 x
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* While it is not supposed to be a replacement for D700 model, for me, this D800 model has effectively replaced the older model. I think that D800 is an improved product and therefore, more suitable for my photographic needs!
* I purchased D800 about a month ago and I think that this is the best of its kind!
* It is an amazing camera offering much better image quality. I believe that D800 is poised to become the next legendary Nikon camera!
* If you are like me who would rather spend time in taking the shots than dealing with the pre-production and post-production work, then this camera is for you!
* I am very happy with my purchase. It's been 4 weeks since I purchased this camera and love the results. The only problem is that with the short battery life, I'd need to buy another pair of batteries soon!
* This is simply a great camera. While its ISO performance is not as good as D4, it is the best camera you can buy for studio work!
* D800 is certainly an eagerly waited camera. That said, I would say that it is far more suitable for landscape photography than street photography!
* This is an awesome camera. The clarity and quality of the image is so good that you won't need to edit the images at all! Also, the AF is good enough to let you take pictures even in a dark room!
* I took 1,000 images with this camera and I am so impressed that I would like to repeat that feat! One of the major improvements you get in D800 (apart from the improved DR and resolution) is the Auto ISO feature!
* This is an incredible camera without an equal; I cannot recommend it enough! That said, I would add that if you already have D700 then there is no need to upgrade to D800 unless your financial situation allows you to!
* While this Nikon camera can produce excellent image quality, it is slow and clunky! Its JPEG engine is the worst!
* This D800 suffers from a left side AF problem. Sure, not everyone has this problem, but for me, if a $3,000 camera cannot ensure AF point accuracy, that is a serious deal breaker for me. I am yet to hear back from Nikon support regarding this!
* If you are a pixel peeper, then avoid buying this camera at all costs, because even if you are not a bad photographer yet, it would certainly make you the worst one!
* I was an early buyer of this camera and now, reading about the left focus issue has me concerned. I don't know how to test the focus issue. Nikon has no doubt let its loyal customers down by not testing and fixing this problem early on!
* The camera I originally purchased had the AF point issue, and since the warranty does not cover that, I shipped it to Amazon for a quick replacement, which I got, btw! The new camera has the same problem, but the D800 camera is otherwise so great that I am going to keep it, hoping that this problem would be addressed in future!
* My D800 has the left focus sensor problem. It is evident that Nikon simply does not care about its customers. So here I am, with a brand new 3K camera sitting idle at home because I can't trust it and Nikon won't take it back, while I am shooting pictures with my old cameras!
* The left focus problem is very much common and real with this camera model. I do not know if this would ever be fixed, so I returned it!
* While I love the D800 camera, it suffers from several quality issues and Nikon's poor customer support is a major downer for me. This is my last Nikon purchase!
* This Nikon D800 camera definitely suffers from focus issues. If you already have D700, don't discard it yet, and buy D800 from Amazon only! That way, if your camera suffers from the left focus issues, you can at least return it and get a refund!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
I think that if you can ignore the left focus issue then the D800 is an awesome camera indeed! Here's hoping that Nikon fixes it soon. Good luck with your purchase!
Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 3.2 x 4.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.4 pounds
Item model number: 25480
Nikon continues to push the boundaries of optical technology. Nikon's history is one of challenges and exploration in the world of optics.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Shin-Yurakucho Bldg., 12-1, Yurakucho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: None Available
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn