Product name: Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player
Hands-down the best experience in 1080p HD streaming to your TV-plus motion-based gaming for an extra dose of great entertainment. Enjoy 300+ channels featuring the best movies, TV shows, live sports, music, games, and more, including Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Video. Angry Birds included FREE.
It supports closed captioning for Netflix,USB port (supported formats include: MP4 (H.264) video / AAC & MP3 audio / JPEG & PNG image),Power Input 5.2 V / 1.0 A Power Adapter,Video Outputs: 1080p (over HDMI), 720p (over HDMI), 480p (over HDMI), 480i (over composite video).Audio Outputs Digital: Over HDMI (5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo), Analog: Stereo (mini-jack to L/R audio and composite video RCA).USB Media Formats: Video: MP4 (H.264), Audio: AAC, MP3, Image: JPG, PNG.Power Input 5.2 V / 1.0 A Power Adapter.
* 450+ entertainment channels available, including hundreds of free movies: Over 150,000 movies and TV shows at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO and more. Unlimited music from Pandora, MOG, Rdio, and Live365. Live sports packages including NBA League Pass, NHL GameCenter Live, MLS Matchday, UFC, and MLB.TV. Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa. The top news sources, including NBC, FoxNews.com, and CNN. Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, clips, cat tricks, and… well, you get the idea.
* Works with virtually any TV
* Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n)
* Plays high-definition video (720p)
* Plays the best HD video (1080p)
Click here for more information!
* 300+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
* High-definition streaming up to 1080p HD
* Works with virtually any TV
* Enhanced remote with motion control for playing games. Uses 2 AA batteries (included)
* Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n) and wired Internet connectivity
* Brand Name: Roku
* Color: Black
Included with the Roku 2 XS:
* Enhanced remote with motion control for games
* Angry Birds game
* Remote control
* Two AA batteries
* HDMI video output (for high-definition)
* Composite A/V combo output (for standard-definition; works with included A/V cable)
* Wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n)
* Bluetooth (for using Roku Game Remote, sold separately)
* MicroSD memory card slot (for adding extra storage for channels and games)
* A/V cable (red/white/yellow)
* Power adapter
* Get Started guide
* 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
* A TV
* High-speed Internet service with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level DSL). For HD video, 5 Mbps is recommended (if you’re not sure what your broadband speed is, go to www.speedtest.net and run the simple test)
* A wireless router
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This is exactly the kind of player I have been looking for! It is fun, easy and cheap!
* In my opinion, this is the best streaming device available on the market right now: much better than Boxee, Apple TV, Google TV, etc. I would suggest that you buy the XS model because it is the only Roku model that comes with a USB port!
* Roku 2 XS is much better than I thought. I like Roku 2 XS better than other Roku models because it comes with an Ethernet port you can use for wired connection! Surprisingly, I also found its remote to be much better than that of other Roku models!
* If you want to cut down on the monthly cable bill and still keep the family happy, I highly recommend Roku to you! The picture quality you get is very good, and the user interface is also quite intuitive!
* I highly recommend this device. But note that if you wish to use a wireless connection with it, it won't be as reliable as with a wired connection!
* I love my Roku. I would suggest that you don't be a cheapo and invest a bit on the model which is compatible with both wired and wireless connection. You never know when, in future, you would want to go "wired"!
* This is an extremely useful device for media steaming. If you want to stream from Hulu Plus, Pandora, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Crackle, and other online media, then Roku is what you need!
* I like it. The setup was hassle-free, and some of the bugs have been cleaned out through a firmware upgrade. Note that in order to use this device, you would need to have a HDMI cable, Micro SD card of 2 GB or more, and Ethernet cable (unless you are on wireless).
* Roku 2 XS is no doubt a great device. However, there are a few things about it that I don't like: the device does not come with adequate memory and you'd need to get a Micro SD card for that reason; secondly, when switching channels it got rebooted a few times; third, I don't like the fact that despite already spending money on a high-end Roku model, I still have to invest separately in HDMI cable and Ethernet cable!
* My pet peeve with this device (as well as its predecessor) is that it never powers off! Also, this new version of Roku does not support dual band Wireless N anymore and works only within the 2.4 GHz range!
* Basically, there are no changes in this model over the previous versions. Note, however, that if you want to stream a lot from iTunes Store, then Apple TV would be a better choice for you!
* I like Roku 2 XS: it works perfectly for my primary need - streaming Amazon Prime videos! On top of that, it takes up very little space due to its small size. That said, it has its limitations too! For example, the number of apps you get for TV and movies are extremely limited; also, I experienced a couple of wireless disconnects during the process of streaming!
* For me, Roku 2 XS worked pretty well during the first two weeks, after which the streaming quality deteriorated and it started freezing quite frequently!
* My Roku 2 XS device broke after just 4 months! I am so frustrated with the lack of response either from Roku or Amazon that I won't be buying any Roku device again in future!
* The software of Roku 2 XS is extremely unreliable and buggy. I would suggest that you invest in Roku 1 instead!
* This Roku device is not very reliable. It worked great at first but when I started streaming a second video, it stopped getting the streaming signal after 10 minutes! All the help and assurance from our technical expert have not been really useful to us.
* Both the quality of the video streaming and Roku's customer support are bad. We get better streaming quality on Blu-ray from Cinema Now and Netflix! I am returning Roku and won't buy another one because I am quite unhappy with the poor customer service of Roku!
* While the interface and the remote are good, you are out of luck if you are on a wireless network with static IP!
* While Roku set up quite easily, it stopped working completely after some time. I am quite disheartened with it!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
For some people, the product seems to show its quirks, while others love it to bits. I'd say that while Roku is a good product, you can never make everybody happy even if your product is the best in the market! I would suggest that you check it out - buy it through Amazon so that, if you notice any quirks, you can return it and get a quick, hassle-free refund!
Product Dimensions: 3.3 x 3.3 x 0.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Item model number: 3100R
Roku, Inc., is a privately held company located in Saratoga, Calif., and founded in 2002 by Anthony Wood, the inventor of the digital video recorder (DVR). The market leader in streaming entertainment devices for the TV with millions of units sold, Roku has always believed that anything you want to watch, listen to, and enjoy should simply be there on your TV, whenever you want it. Roku streaming players are renowned for their simplicity, variety of entertainment choices, and exceptional value.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
12980 Saratoga Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070
Best Time to Call: Monday through Saturday 8AM to 8PM PST
Fax: (408) 446-1734
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn