Company Name: iPage
Official Home Page: iPage.com
iPage Hosting offers UNIX web hosting. In addition, they also offer web design services, email services, e-commerce services, scripting services and marketing services! According to their domain's WHOIS info, they have been in business since 1995, and they are based in Massachusetts (01803)!
* Unlimited Disk Space, Bandwidth & Email Addresses
* Free Domain Registration
* FREE Security Suite
* FREE Site-Building Tools
* FREE Online Store
* FREE Search Engine & Marketing Credits
* GREEN! Powered by 100% wind energy
And Much More!
ANYTIME Money Back Guarantee
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the company's ACTUAL customers:
* Before you do anything with iPage, just keep in mind that it is owned by EIG, a lousy company! The end of discussion!
* iPage can be either good or bad, depending on what you want to do with your website. Be aware that regardless of what your site is all about and how much you pay, they can afford to spare only up to 120 MB of RAM for you! That apart, you would also suffer from hiccups due to random server upgrades. Not to mention that the tech support people are extremely stupid!
* The only thing you can do to ensure that your data is not lost or your website does not suffer from any downtime is to stay away from these 'unlimited' hosts. Keep in mind that hard disks and bandwidth cost money, and if you are paying $5 or less for an 'unlimited' hosting plan, then that obviously means that there are 'unlimited' number of customers sharing the same box with you!
* I am trying to set up a new website on iPage and cannot even upload my files via FTP! Every time I try to connect to the FTP server, the connection fails!
* While no web host in the world would guarantee you 100% uptime, the uptime of iPage is like 90%. I have suffered lots of downtimes with them. Bottom line, iPage is the worst hosting company ever, with an ugly control panel and poor server performance!
* When I was with iPage hosting, I have experienced severe downtimes with their MYSQL servers. I have no idea why their SQL servers are not configured locally; they are always on a completely different server!
* I was with iPage about 2 years ago and suffered constant server downtimes and lots of other problems. I don't think I would ever go back to them!
* I hate the control panel of iPage because it cannot even unpack a zip file for you, something that Cpanel can do quite easily. I also have had almost 505 errors with them so far! Now, I am in the process of cancelling my account with iPage!
* iPage is the worst web hosting ever! I paid for a yearly plan and my Joomla site ran so slowly that I had to move my website away from them. I asked for a refund but they would not refund my money! STAY AWAY from iPage!
* The performance of iPage's servers is becoming slower by the day because they have now started to oversell their hosting plans! I believe that if you are serious about your business then iPage is one company you won't want to do business with!
* Well I signed up for one of their crazy $1 deals, more so because I was interested in knowing whether they are really as bad as everyone says! It has been a long time since I had cancelled my account with them, yet, they keep sending me those same emails about the same $1 deal, suggesting that it is an exclusive deal available only for a short while (but in reality, forever)! Thankfully, Gmail automatically marks those messages as SPAM!
* iPage affiliate program is a scam; they don't pay their affiliates! I had worked hard to promote iPage's affiliate program and made 18 sales so far. However, instead of sending me the $2000 they owe me, all they did was to credit my account with $25 virtual cash (which you cannot cash out at any time) for each and every sale!
* iPage has everything bad going for them: overloaded servers, poor uptimes, poor hardware, slow performance - you name it! iPage's server uptimes are extremely low; we did not realize this until we moved our website to a much better web hosting company!
If you decide to use iPage in spite of these bad reviews, then only God can help you!
As for me, am I losing commissions by taking people away from them? Not really! As you can see - they don't pay their affiliates any way!
Our team has been hosting business, personal, social and non-profit websites for more than 10 years. We know web hosting and the typical hosting customer, which means we know there is NO typical hosting customer. That's why iPage offers a great deal of flexibility, without overcomplicating things.
Moreover, we focus on the three things our customers care about: their websites, their email and their online security.
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION:
70 Blanchard Rd
Burlington, MA 01803
Sales Number: 877-472-4399
Support Number: 877-472-4399
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: None Available
Live Chat: http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/66651396/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=66651396&byhref=1
Community Support: None Available
COMPANY TERMS AND POLICIES:
Terms of Service: http://www.ipage.com/legal/
Shared Web Hosting Details (as gotten from Ticket 10125957):
1. Restriction on cron usage?: Unfortunately, we do not support cron job on our platform. However, you can use any third party cron job services like cronless.com or setcronjob.com.
2. Email Sending Restrictions: You can send 500 emails per hour and 5000 per day.
3. Allow_url_include, allow_url_fopen and SSI enabled?: Yes
4. Passthru(),system(), and exec() enabled?: No
5. Ioncube and zend allowed?: Yes
6. 777 chmod allowed?: No
7. Grace period allowed in case of payment failure: Not answered
8. Backup policy for shared hosting accounts?: We do backup customer account files daily. However, you can retrieve backup of last 7 days.
9. Clustered hosting offered?: No, but we do promise 99.9% of uptime.
10. Perl 5.6 or later,mod_rewrite, Crypt::SSLeay,DBI module, etc enabled?: Yes
Service Cancellation Terms:
This Agreement may be terminated or cancelled at anytime by either party (Including by You, if you receive notice of an amendment to this Agreement) by giving the other party thirty (30) days prior written notice, provided that we may charge You a minimum $35.00 charge as an early cancellation fee.
If an account with a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee is purchased and cancelled within thirty (30) days of sign-up, the User will, upon request, receive a full refund of all hosting fees. Requests for these refunds should be made through our Support Team. Refunds made for a thirty (30) day money-back guarantee will not include domain registration fees or setup fees, nor will they include any fees for additional services that are purchased in the first thirty (30) days. If your plan includes a free domain name and You cancel within the first 30 days, a fee for the domain (and any applicable taxes) will be deducted from your refund. If you do not wish to keep the domain name, iPage will take possession of the domain and the fee will not be charged.
The thirty (30) day money-back guarantee is valid for credit-card payments only. Due to the costs associated with processing payments made by other methods, we are not able to offer the thirty (30) day money-back guarantee for other payment methods.
Most of the above information regarding this hosting company has been collected by us through various sources (apart from the information offered on company's website), such as:Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn