Company Name: JustHost
Official Home Page: JustHost.com
JustHost offers professional web hosting services. According to their domain's WHOIS info, they have been in business since 2002, and they are based in Arizona (85034)!
NOTE: In their support ticket though, their staff told me: "All of our support and servers are located in Provo, Utah, US."
* Unlimited GB's of Space
* Unlimited GB's of Transfer
* Unlimited Domain Hosting
* Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
* Unlimited MySQL Databases
* FREE Site Builder
* FREE Domain Name Registration
* FREE Instant Setup
* Anytime Money Back Guarantee
Anytime Money Back Guarantee
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the company's ACTUAL customers:
* JustHost offers the worst server uptime and customer support ever! They have suspended my website for the third time now, due to high CPU usage. I am now looking for a cheap hosting company which would at least allow me to keep my site running; I don't want to make any money off it!
* For anyone who is on the fence, please DO NOT buy any web hosting space from JustHost! We have 80 websites with them and all of them suffer from downtimes every 10 minutes. We have chatted with live support at least ten times but no help. We have also opened support tickets but instead of focusing on fixing the real problem (that of MYSQL server going down), they asked us for a traceroute report, as if we are stupid!
* Please stay far away from JustHost! We suffered from a serious downtime a while ago and when they did not fix the issue, we asked that our website be moved to a better server or else we would cancel our account with them.
Things were running smoothly since then, until today, when we found to our horror that JustHost had restored our website with a very old backup when transferring it to their other server (since we run a news site, this a major issue).
They lied to me (asked me clear my browser cache) until I paid them 20 bucks more for priority support; only then did I get to know the truth, but not before waiting an hour for the response (instead of the 30 minutes response time they advertise).
To cut the long story short, they offered me the same level of customer service as I used to get before paying them for priority support - copy and paste responses, tickets being forwarded to other departments without any resolution, etc.! They even pay for fake reviews; try to post a review of your own and you would find out that the review form does not even work!
* JustHost's hosting service does not work smoothly on a single day! When you complain, their typical response is to transfer your website to another server, but then, they take an entire day to do the transfer! This is a daily issue for me; I am wondering whether to wait for my sites to become functional or switch my domain's DNS (pointing it to another host)?
* I had a WordPress blog with JustHost. Every 1 out of 5 times that I refreshed my blog to see the changes I made, I would get an error, upon which I would have to keep clicking the "Refresh" button of my browser in order to see my site back!
That apart, today, all of a sudden, they deleted my website without offering any explanations at all! When I contacted their customer service, they asked me to upload screenshots of my driver's license and credit card so as to verify my account with them. They got to be kidding me! This is a first time for me; never in my life has any hosting service asked me to send them such personal information; already, I did not like the fact that they asked me for my password in an unsecured email exchange (which meant that they had access to it in plain text)!
* To me, JustHost seems like a big fraud hosting company. First off, their support people claim that they are based in US, but you can easily tell that the person responding to the ticket is based in India; obviously, you don't get any reply to your tickets at the right time! Then, they have got this fake hosting review site where they review themselves and a couple of other hosting companies - all owned by them - very highly, while all the other web hosting companies are rated pretty poorly. Please ignore the top 3 deals you find at thetop10bestwebhosting.com/ca: they are all identical in pricing and features, and owned by the same fraudster - JustHost!
On top of that, they advertise their hosting price as $3.95 instead of $6.95, but when you actually sign up with them, they bill you @ $6.95!
* JustHost is an extremely unprofessional and uncaring company. Stay away from them! I spent almost a year customizing my Joomla website and was going to launch it on the following month! However, when one fine day I visited my website, all I got is a blank page. Live chat support could not tell me what went wrong that resulted in the deletion of my website; the admin said that they had only my database backup and nothing else, and then pointed me to their TOS page where it is mentioned that backups are the customer's responsibility!
It has been 10 days and still, no help is in sight; my website's Google search rankings have dropped steadily; more importantly, I had spent a lot of time in editing and customizing my Joomla website, and I am not sure I would be able to do it again from scratch!
* JustHost lies about their company's age; in fact, they are no more than a two-year old company using an old, expired domain! Nowhere on the web, not even in the complaints their customers made against them on BBB, can I find any proof of their existence prior to 2008.
Anyway, I will give you top 7 reasons for not signing up with JustHost: they charge you $20 for a domain - which I think is unfair as most other domain registrars charge you $10 or less for the same thing; on top of that, your accounts are not setup properly, your website content gets deleted without any warning or explanation, you get lousy tech support, you cannot get any refund from them, you suffer extended periods of server downtimes, and they pay BIG BUCKS to affiliates for posting fake reviews promoting their hosting service!
* Signing up with JustHost is akin to committing suicide! They deleted my website files all of a sudden and then denied it completely; on top of that, they also reset the permissions of all of my website files to 0, as a result of which, I lost a lot of visitors!
* If you have not signed up with JustHost yet, stay away from them; if you have already signed up and want to get a refund, the fastest way of getting your money back is to file a PayPal dispute against them. JustHost sucks in almost all departments: their database server sucks, website hosting sucks, account cancellation process and cancellation team sucks, domain management (DNS) tool sucks, live support sucks, and their terms and conditions also suck!
* JustHost sucks so much that from now I would give them only bad recommendation instead of promoting them as I used to do! Their billing department is so slow that they took more than 18 hours to do something which could be done in a matter of minutes; on top of that, they told me that I hadn't filled out a form emailed by them previously, when in reality, they had sent me no form at all! Worst of all, and this is totally ludicrous: when you post a ticket in their billing department, their staff says that they are transferring your ticket to the billing section. LOL!
* Please avoid JustHost because the customer service of all their departments is simply diabolical. I registered a domain with them and paid for a 3-year hosting plan in advance, only to find out (after 24 hours of fruitless work) that I could not even setup my email accounts because they have not actually registered my domain name at all (merely taken my money). I would definitely not go back to them or recommend them to anyone! Their support team was a total let down for me - not one of their support guys ventured to help me out!
* EVERY DAY, my websites suffer from at least 2-3 downtimes and each downtime typically lasts 1-2 hours on an average. On top of that, this company charged me for two dedicated IPs I had ordered but never actually got! They promised me a refund within the next 5 days but it has been 3 months and I am yet to get my money back! I would have to find a better host soon!
Terrible company with terrible service and support. I won't recommend a cr*ppy company like JustHost to anyone! If you sign up with them, you are almost guaranteed to suffer from a severe heart attack; I am not saying this to intimidate you; just stating a HUGE possibility! BTW, their live chat never worked for me; in spite of being no.1 in the chat queue, nobody answered the chat for 5-10 minutes and then the chat connection was automatically cancelled; this happened to me 2-3 times, after which I gave up! YMMV!
We know that finding a cheap, reliable web host is not a simple task, so we've put all the information you need in one place to help you make your decision. At Just Host, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, and we want to make sure they have all the details they need before making that big decision.
Free Domain Name Registration
Just Host gives you free registration for 1 domain with our Just Plan or you can transfer a domain for free.
Host Unlimited Domains
With the Just Host plan you have the ability to host as many domains as you wish in your cPanel account. This means you have the luxury of managing all of your websites from one place and all on the same server!
Just Host is committed to providing a secure and reliable hosting environment. Customer websites are hosted on high performance quad processor servers, and our data center is equipped with a UPS power back-up generator. We perform 24/7 network monitoring, so if an issue does arise, we can address it immediately.
Customer Tailored Support
Just Host specializes in customer satisfaction. We are dedicated to ensuring that our customers can contact us in the best way for them, so we provide you with three different methods to get a hold of us: phone, chat and email.
Affordable Web Hosting
The JustPlan prices are incredibly competitive and include an extensive list of features including unlimited disk space*, unlimited transfers, unlimited email accounts and the ability to host unlimited domains.
Our hosting features are tightly integrated with the customer control panel, making it easy to set up, optimize and promote your website. Template designs, application installs, even free advertising credits—all these and more are just a click away.
We know that choosing a web host can be a bit of a challenge, and we want to eliminate the confusion for you and make hosting your website as simple as possible. Our simple order form, unique control panel and variety of contact methods have all been created to help you, the customer.
cPanel Control Panel
Each Just Host account utilizes the award winning cPanel control panel interface, an extremely user friendly control panel which makes it simple to manage all aspects of your hosting account. Functions include the ability to configure e-mail accounts, domain management, website statistics and database administration.
Free Script Library
A further feature included with every Just Host account is an entire script library totally free! SimpleScripts can automatically install any of the long list of leading scripts for you, which include WordPress, osCommerce, phpBB and Joomla.
Money Back Guarantee
Just Host offers a "no questions asked" anytime money-back guarantee with all our hosting plans. Our cancellation policy is very simple - if you cancel your hosting account, we will provide you with a refund for the remainder of the term. The refund will exclude any setup fees that were charged when you signed up and any domain registration fees that you paid, as we incur a cost for these. But you do get to keep your domain name.
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION:
1958 S 950 E
Provo Ut. 84606
Technical Support: 1-888-755-7585
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Live Chat: https://liveguide01us.netop.com/lg/engine/sources/swf.php?LiveGuideUID=vaAzolP7VP-JlSJeYgaTHkhtO73iB&myurl=justhost&title=
Community Support: None Available
COMPANY TERMS AND POLICIES:
Terms of Service: http://www.justhost.com/cgi/info/terms?no_navigation=1
Shared Web Hosting Details:
1. Restriction on cron usage?: There is no restriction on cron usage, however all crons need to be set up through your cPanel > Cron jobs interface. (crontabs command itself you won't have access to)
2. Email Sending Restrictions: We do have SMTP and you are able to use it as you please. We have a limit of 750 emails per hour on our basic plan, and 2000 per hour on our pro plan.
3. Allow_url_include, allow_url_fopen and SSI enabled?: Yes
4. Passthru(),system(), and exec() enabled?: Yes
5. Ioncube and zend allowed?: Ioncube and zend are both allowed and can be enabled through your cPanel at the same time you choose your php version.
6. 777 chmod allowed?: Unfortunately our apache does not allow 777. If you were to set a file with the 777 permissions it would give a error similar to [error processing this directive] when trying to access it through a browser.
7. Grace period allowed in case of payment failure: We offer a full refund within 30 days of first purchasing your account. After 30 days it's a pro-rated refund. We do renewals 2 weeks in advanced, if there is an error with payment our billing department will notify you.
8. Backup policy for shared hosting accounts?: We have 3 courtesy backups at all times for all of our accounts. A monthly, weekly, and daily. There is no charge for these backups, however if you want more access to them you can upgrade to the site backup and restore pro. This will allow you to restore individual files or folders, rather then the entire account at once. (as well as restoring databases individually)
9. Clustered hosting offered?: Unfortunately we don't have clustered hosting.
10. Perl 5.6 or later,mod_rewrite, Crypt::SSLeay,DBI module, etc enabled?: We're currently on Perl 5.10.1, mod_rewrite is enabled, Crypt::SSLeay is installed, DBI module is installed as well.
Service Cancellation Terms:
CANCELLATION OF SERVICES - REFUND POLICY
Cancellations and Refunds. Just host provides a 30-day money back guarantee for new hosting account registrations, subject to the following terms and conditions:
Nonrefundable Fees: Fees paid by Subscriber in connection with the purchase of SSL certificates, Site Backup Pro, SEO Package, SiteLock, domain privacy, domain names are nonrefundable, as are Check Refunds of $10.00 or less due to processing fees.
Cancellations within First 3 Days of Registration. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services within 3 calendar days of registration, Subscriber will receive a full refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration upon request, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A). Subscriber has the option, but not the obligation, to retain ownership and control of any promotional "Free Domain Names" registered in connection with the subscription, in which case Subscriber's refund will be reduced by per domain name.
Cancellations After 3 Days and Before 30 Days. In the event Subscriber cancels the Services after the expiration of 3 calendar days, but prior to the expiration of 30 calendar days, Subscriber will receive a refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A), subject to the following additional mandatory reductions:
Free Domain Names: If Subscriber registers any domain name as part of a "Free Domain Name" promotion in connection with the registration, Subscriber's refund will be reduced by per domain name. Subscriber will retain full ownership and control of any such domain names.
Postini/DedIP Any fees paid by Subscriber in connection with Postini or for services of a Dedicated IP will be refunded at a prorated rate based on the registration date, the length of service, and the date of cancellation.
Cancellations After 30 Days. Subscriber may cancel his/her/its Services at any time, before or after automatic account renewal, and, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A) and setup fees, if any, which are nonrefundable after 30 calendar days, receive a pro-rated refund for all other fees paid for Services, less per "Free Domain Name."
Notice of Cancellation. Subscriber agrees to direct all cancellation requests to Just host via email, billing [at] justhost [dot] com, phone (888) 755-7585, or online chat. The cancellation request must include verification of ownership of the hosting account and/or domain(s), as determined by Just host. Subscriber must also confirm to Just host that all emails, files, and databases are preserved and backed up somewhere other than Just host server space. Once confirmed the cancellation can be processed following the cancellation policy located at:
Chargebacks and Reversals. In the event Subscriber issues a chargeback or reversal of charges without first following the above cancellation procedures, the Subscriber will be responsible for a $25.00 billing service fee. Hosting accounts that have an open dispute may be disabled for security purposes
Most of the above information regarding this hosting company has been collected by us through various sources (apart from the information offered on company's website), such as:Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn