Company Name: Site5
Official Home Page: Site5.com
Site5 offers several web hosting services such as web hosting, reseller hosting, cloud hosting, VPS (virtual private server) hosting, etc. In addition, they also offer WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, Drupal Hosting, ModX Hosting, Magento Hosting, Moodle Hosting and vBulletin Hosting! According to their domain's WHOIS info, they have been in business since 1999, and they are based in Colorado (80209)! Click here for more information on this web hosting company!!
* Server locations include Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Phoenix, AZ, Miami, FL, New York City, NY, Washington, DC, Montreal, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Vancouver, Canada, London, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, New Delhi, India, Singapore, Singapore & Joao Pessoa, Brazil!
* 30 Day Trial
* Easy Website Control Panel: SiteAdmin, our custom cPanel™-based control panel included with our shared web hosting plans, brings the familiar functions to an amazing user interface. SiteAdmin integrates directly with our exclusive client account manager called Backstage for a fluid, easy-to-navigate experience. You can create a separate SiteAdmin control panel for each domain using our exclusive Multisite feature (available on certain plans)!
* FREE Migration: We handle your account's migration for you - up to 25 cPanel accounts or up to 10 non-cPanel web hosting accounts! Our Migrations Team is available Monday-Friday 7am-5pm ET to transfer your data!
* We offer an unconditional Money Back Guarantee - 45 days for Shared, Reseller, and Cloud hosting and 15 days for Managed VPS and Cloud VPS.
* We back the uptime of our servers with our Uptime Guarantee. For shared, reseller, managed VPS, and managed dedicated servers, we have a 99.9% uptime guarantee! For shared cloud and managed cloud VPS, we have a 99.99% uptime guarantee!
* We are Safe Harbor Certified!
And Much Much MORE!
An unconditional Money Back Guarantee - 45 days for Shared, Reseller, and Cloud hosting and 15 days for Managed VPS and Cloud VPS.
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the company's ACTUAL customers:
* As far as I am concerned, Site5 is the most problem-free web hosting company I have ever used! As an added bonus, you get to choose from a variety of server locations!
* From my point of you, Site5 is an excellent host with good uptime and professional support. I have no complaints against them!
* Site5 offers me with excellent uptime, fast support, multi-admin, and (although the ping from my location is not very good) good server speed! The only bad thing about them is that they charged me $15 for a SSL certificate!
* I think their service is top notch, backed by a professional support team. I have been with Site5 for 5 years and the only issue I had was a short downtime due to a hard drive failure; however, they not only fixed it in the most prompt and professional manner, but also compensated me for the downtime!
* I prefer Site5's "Site Admin" over Cpanel because the former is easier to navigate. I have found their support people really nice and helpful. The pricing is also very reasonable.
* I think that the hosting service offered by Site5 is nothing short of epic. The migration of my websites to Site5 was absolutely flawless; even a small billing error on their part was fixed instantly! They don't lie when they claim to offer the best support in the web hosting industry! I have been with them for 6 months and recently ordered a dedicated server!
* I am extremely satisfied with Site5! What surprises me is the power of Site5's servers! I have the busiest ballroom dancing forum online: with an average of 3,000 posts and 1,000 visitors per day - yet my forum has been performing extremely great! Did I mention that Site5's support team is as responsive as their server?
* Site5 offers the best web hosting ever! I have been with them for probably 10 years or more and I simply love this hosting company! There have been minor issues with server uptime when they were doing some server upgrades; however, they have always assisted me in fixing those issues!
* I have been with Site5 for 10 years. I think that they offer great value with their reseller hosting plans, and their support is equally top-notch! I would happily recommend this web hosting company to anyone!
* Site5's customer support is outstanding; I never had any issue such as server hacking or downtime. If you are looking for a reliable web hosting company that does exactly what it says, Site5 is the real deal!
* From my personal experience, Site5's help and support has been nothing short of amazing! With their help, I was able to consolidate a lot of my hosting accounts and domains easily in one place! I have already referred some of my friends to Site5!
* I moved here from Godaddy and since then, I have been sailing smooth. Support tickets are responded within a couple of hours. I would recommend Site5 based on their responsive support team and decent prices!
* Site5 is all about bait and switch. They lie in their hosting plans and don't believe in keeping their promises at all! Bottom line, Site5 is run by an ill-equipped and ill-informed management!
* When I signed up with Site5, the server used to be speedy and support excellent. However, lately, I have been encountering server outages and slow loading web pages. The support team's response was to restart Apache every time there was any problem with the uptime, which is why I left them!
* I left Site5 in 2008 after a major hard drive failure caused the deletion of all my data! Worse, their backups had started to fail as well!
* I have been with Site5 for a year and at one point, I considered them one of the best web hosts around. Not so any more, thanks to the last few months when I have been dealing with several server downtimes, loss of emails, and an unresponsive support team. It is almost impossible to get in touch with anyone here; if you post anything negative in their forum, the post gets deleted!
* Beware of the incoming email filters of Site5! Since I joined Site5 2 months ago, I am not very happy! While I love their server reliability and responsive support team, I hate - their control panel, the fact that they have disabled some email functionalities, their email filters that block a lot of incoming emails due to 'security' reasons, and their server which is extremely inflexible: there is no way you can change a thing about it!
* I had moved about 99% of my websites away from Site5 and left only a few websites with them, one of which was driven by an older version of PHPNuke! That it got hacked and they deactivated my account thereafter were expected, but what I did not expect from them was to lock me out completely of my server, and taking days just to answer my support emails!
Thank goodness none of these websites were important for my business. Anyway, that was the last nail in the coffin and I decided to move the rest of the websites from their server as well. Of course, when I told them that I am going to cancel my account, I did not hear back from them at all!
* At first, I had pleasant experience with Site5. But recently, problems such as non-responsive server, MYSQL server going down, slow server response, server downtimes, and rude support people forced me to move to another host!
* Initially, I used to defend Site5 with utmost sincerity, assuming that the occasional complaints against them were just exceptions rather than the norm. However, as more and more complaints against Site5 started pouring in, it became clear that the driving force behind most of these complaints was the poor customer care skills showcased by Site5. It is sad but I would no longer play their advocate!
* I have been with Site5 since 2008 and now I would suggest avoiding them like the plague! Of late, their hosting service has become completely useless. Outages have become a daily matter; however, today's outage is something special - 9 hours of server downtime with no response from the technical support team!
In short, a lackadaisical attitude from support, clueless live chat support staff, an unmonitored forum, dormant twitter accounts and virtually NO useful communication from support were enough to convince me to start shopping for a new host!
* Don't waste your time with Site5! Their start was amazing but lately I have been encountering frequent server downtimes; they lie when they claim to offer 99.9% guaranteed uptime. On top of that, the support guys refuse to answer my questions!
Click here for more information on this web hosting company!!
Well, customers' experience with Site5 seems to be mixed. Some say that they are the best host they have ever found, while others add that while they used to be great at one time, they suck now! As someone posted on the WebHostingTalk forum, they have become too big for their own good! I am withholding the final judgment and suggest that you check them out for yourself!
High-end servers, low number of customers per server, and 50% less fat
Our current hosting philosophy is based on guaranteed performance. While other hosts may try to cram as many accounts as possible on shared servers, we have used our years of experience and the technical analysis performed by our technical gurus to determine exactly how many accounts we should be putting on any given server. In addition, we are continually upgrading our hardware platforms to be among the best in the industry.
Each top-of-the-line server we now use could easily handle an insane number of clients, but we still keep the numbers low. It helps us sleep easier at night.
No Outsourced Support
Our team knows us, knows web hosting and knows how to help you.
Yes, outsourcing support can save a lot of money. But nothing is more infuriating for a customer than dealing with a support technician that doesn't understand the problem or has a failure to communicate. We are proud to say that in our 13 years of doing business, we have grown a great team of dedicated staff members, all as in-house employees. Each is fully trained to know our company and services inside and out, fluent in English and has excellent people skills.
This one is pretty simple. We have no hidden fees. We don't sell our services on gimmicks, trendy offerings or misleading information. We pride ourselves on offering no-nonsense high-quality web hosting with unique features you won't find anywhere else.
You will receive all the features you pay for, and they will all work. The amount you see on your invoice will be the amount you will be billed. When you sign up, you can keep paying that price as long as you are a Site5 customer.
A No-Hassles 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are ever dissatisfied with our service or feel we haven't lived up to our Healthy Hosting philosophy, we offer a 100% money-back refund for a full 45 days! There are no questions asked, no red tape to cut through. Please see our guarantees for more information.
Home Grown Features That Make Hosting Your Website Easier Than Ever!
Near the farm where we grow our beautiful, organic, grass-fed servers there's an ornate workshop, hidden amongst the foliage of a forest of magical technology. It is here at this very workshop that our team of highly-trained Elves toil over gloriously unique features for each and every one of our hosting accounts.
Perhaps the best example of a proprietary Site5 application is your Backstage interface, an account portal that lets you access every single feature of your Site5 service from one place.
Even if our features fail to impress you, just remember to ask yourself: how many other web hosts employ elves?
COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION:
303 S Broadway, Suite 200-341
Denver, CO 80209
Best Time to Call: 9AM - 6PM ET Monday-Friday
Live Chat: http://www.site5.com/contact/livechat/
Community Support: http://forums.site5.com/
COMPANY TERMS AND POLICIES:
Terms of Service: http://www.site5.com/legal/terms-of-service/
Shared/Reseller Web Hosting Details (as gotten from Ticket YPPN-40913):
1. Restriction on cron usage?: There are some restrictions for cron usage on our shared servers, per our Resource usage policy ( RUP ). All cron jobs must be 'niced' to 15 or greater (see the Unix manpage for "nice" for more information). A cron job should not execute more frequently than once every 15 minutes
2. Email Sending Restrictions: You can send out 500 emails per hour on shared server. Unfortunately, no direct SMTP mailing system scripts are permitted.
3. Allow_url_include, allow_url_fopen and SSI enabled?: allow_url_include is disabled on the server, unfortunately, but allow_url_fopen is enabled by default. SSI is also enabled on all servers.
4. Passthru(),system(), and exec() enabled?: Yes
5. Ioncube and zend allowed?: Yes
6. 777 chmod allowed?: Directory permissions 777 are not permitted due to the server configuration, you wouldn't need to use it, as 755 permissions are sufficient for your scripts to function without any issues.
7. Grace period allowed in case of payment failure: Grace period is allowed for the account, failure in paying the invoice will render the account suspended, as if there is no more paymnet, eventually, the account would be terminated. Allowed grace period is 60 days.
8. Backup policy for shared hosting accounts?: Backups are made daily and there is no charge for shared hosting accounts. The backups have a retentions of 30 days on our backup servers.
9. Clustered hosting offered?: We do not offer clustered solutions, however you can look into our cloud plans which have an advantage of providing 100% uptime due to the advanced setup of the services, compared to regural VPS servers.
10. Perl 5.6 or later,mod_rewrite, Crypt::SSLeay,DBI module, etc enabled?: Mod_Rewrite is enabled, Perl versions are Perl 5.8, for any additional Perl modules to be installed for your account, you would need to contact us which modules exactly you would need enabled.
Service Cancellation Terms:
Cancellations are processed by our Billing department; hours for Billing can be found here. To cancel an account, submit your cancellation request to Billing via email or Backstage. To expedite your request, be sure to include the following information:
Primary domain name on the account
Answers to your two selected security questions
Verification that you have downloaded a backup of all necessary files
The above information is required for the protection of all customers.
Outside of the Money Back Guarantee, refunds are not offered.
The 45 Day Money Back Guarantee applies to the following services only:
Shared Web Hosting
Shared Cloud Web Hosting
Reseller Cloud Hosting
A 15 Day Money Back Guarantee applies to the following services only:
Managed VPS Hosting
Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Cloud VPS Hosting
The 15 or 45 Day Money Back Guarantee does not apply to nor are refunds available for the following services:
Managed Dedicated Servers
Unmanaged Dedicated Servers
Domain Name Registrations/Transfers/Renewals
Add-Ons such as WHMCS
Note that the 15/45 day period ends exactly 15/45 days from the day on which account was originally activated (not the day the order was placed). It is not valid towards account renewals. This guarantee is VOID if your account violates our Terms of Service or Service Agreement. Setup fees are non-refundable. External services, such as but not limited to, dedicated IP addresses, installation charges, WHMCS licenses, etc., are non-refundable.
Failure to Follow Policies
Failure to fully comply with these terms is grounds for account suspension and/or deactivation (with or without refund, subject to Site5's discretion). Any accounts and/or servers contained within Site5's network must adhere to the above policies.
We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice. If we deactivate your account for violating policy, you will forfeit your rights to a refund--and none will be given. No refunds for advanced payment. Our normal policy is a warning first, and account deactivation the second offense, but no warning is required.
Site5.com reserves the right to deactivate and remove any site hosted on our servers that contains any content that it deems in its sole discretion to be unacceptable, undesirable or contraindicated.
Most of the above information regarding this hosting company has been collected by us through various sources (apart from the information offered on company's website), such as:Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn