Product name: Halloween (2007)
A remake of Halloween (1978), this movie re-tells the story of Michael Myers who, unknown to the residents of Haddonfield, returns to his hometown looking for his teen sister Laurie. Crossing his path is akin to committing suicide! Click here for more information!
Special features of this edition:
* Unrated Director's cut with feature-length commentary by writer/director Rob Zombie
* Deleted scenes with optional commentary
* Alternate ending with optional commentary
* The many masks of Michael Myers
* Re-imagining Halloween
* Meet the cast
* Casting sessions
* Scout Taylor-Compton screen test
* Theatrical trailer
* Michael Lives: The Making of Halloween, a 4 1/2 hour documentary by Rob Zombie
18 and Above
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* There is no doubt that the original Halloween movie is a classic. However, of the many remakes released in recent times, this is one of the better ones because it offers a fresh perspective of an original movie's story!
* Of all the cr*ppy sequels that came out, I think that this is the best remake of the original John Carpenter film!
* It is a travesty to call this movie a remake. It is rather a biopic of Michael Myers; it goes to show the roots behind his violent nature!
* I don't usually like remakes but I think Zombie's remake stands out due to his creative handling of the subject. He expands on the original movie's plot in several amazing ways, as well as makes a lot of unconventional choices! Moreover, this DVD edition is filled with tons of extras!
* I hate remakes in general but this remake was a pleasant surprise! It was much better than I expected it to be!
* I cannot believe so many people hate this movie. It is true that no remake can recreate the tension and shock of the original, but then, it has its positives too: it actually shows us the true reason behind Michael's violent nature (unlike the original movie that left us in suspense)!
* There is no doubt that Zombie attaches a great deal of respect and reverence to the plot of the original movie. His style offers the movie a reality-focused tone!
* Unlike the original cut where the audience was left to decide whether Michael's character deserves any sympathy or not, this version shows Michael in a more sympathetic light! Although it was a nice surprise for me, I definitely enjoyed this remake!
* You can tell from the style of direction that this IS a Rob Zombie movie! Although it is not as scary as the original movie, I still like it! Some of the violence is a bit too gory for me but overall, it is a good movie!
* Is this movie as good as the original? Definitely not; it is not even close; but then, nobody thought it would be! I would suggest that you watch it for yourself before passing the final judgment!
* When we went to watch this movie in theater, we were very excited. However, very soon that excitement gave way to utter disappointment. Compared the original, this movie is lacking in EVERY respect!
* I feel that this is one remake that should never have been made. The story is so hackneyed, unoriginal, and full of clichés that I don't even know where to begin!
* First off, I really wonder why Rob Zombie would want to re-make a movie that is almost perfect! Secondly, while Zombie is a good director, his style is all wrong here! Unlike John Carpenter, Rob Zombie decides to over-analyze his villain, and that is where he starts going wrong!
* I am a huge fan of the original movie but I don't like this one. This movie was so disturbing that it was not Michael alone who suffered - I suffered as well!
* The movie is awful to say the least. To call it garbage would be an insult to garbage! The characterization of Michael, as well as that of the rest of the cast, is ridiculous!
* This is a flawed remake of the original movie. It is funny that in spite of Zombie's best attempts to make the characters look sympathetic, he ends up creating characters that are even less sympathetic than the original movie! For your information, not everyone who is committed to mental institutions turn out to be psychotic killers; some recover, like me!
* If you want to watch a typical slasher horror flick with naked women running around, this one is for you! As a matter of fact, due to the different way Zombie handled the material, there is very little terror and chill in it, compared to the original. I would like to rate it 3.5 stars instead of 4, if I could!
* What can I say, with his third movie, Rob Zombie fails to scare and only succeeds in showing himself as a mediocre director! It seems that the storyline and characters of all the three movies he has made so far are more or less same!
* This movie completely misses the point of the original; yet, it is one of the better sequels made! If you keep your expectations low, you won't be disappointed with this movie!
* I wonder if this remake was really warranted. This movie was a waste of my time. The only good things about this movie were the appearances of Ken Foree and Micky Dolenz!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
You can watch it if you want to, but this movie is not quite up-to-the-par for me; so much so that I found myself re-watching the old 1978 classic once again! I don't believe that old is always gold, but in this case, I would recommend the original over this remake!
Actors: Tyler Mane, Scout Taylor-Compton, Malcolm McDowell, Sheri Moon Zombie, William Forsythe
Directors: Rob Zombie
Writers: Rob Zombie
Format: Closed-captioned, Color, Director's Cut, Special Edition, Widescreen, NTSC
Region: Region 1
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Number of discs: 2
Studio: Weinstein Company
DVD Release Date: December 18, 2007
Run Time: 109 minutes
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn