Product name: Natural Medicine Guide to Bipolar Disorder, The: New Revised Edition
Product Author: Stephanie Marohn
This book covers natural cures and remedies for bipolar disorder! It is for those who are interested in treating bipolar without the use of prescription drugs! Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* For someone like me who has been suffering from bipolar type 2 since 2002, this book is like a gift from the God! All the chapters of the book are useful and informative - especially chapter 5!
* This is a great book for anyone who wants to get off prescription drugs! I tried some of the supplements suggested in this book and so far, it is working well for me!
* I have been suffering from bipolar since the past 13 years and found this book to be extremely thorough and educational! I would recommend it to anyone suffering from bipolar!
* Before I purchased this book, I tried the regular prescription drugs but none of them worked for me. This book offered me a solid base to start off a natural treatment!
* It was an extremely useful and easy-to-read book. I especially like chapter 6 because the tips contained therein helped me treat depression and insomnia. I would gladly pay 50 bucks for that one chapter alone!
* This book gave me the hope that I can use natural/alternative treatments alongside Western medications, and that being a bipolar is not something to be ashamed of! It also discusses the several things that can lead to the disorder!
* As a practitioner of holistic treatments who deals with patients suffering from 'difficult' ailments, I found this book excellent and very easy-to-read. I would happily recommend it to any of my clients!
* This book offers detailed information about the causes and cures of bipolar. This is the single most important book I have ever read on bipolar disorder!
* I found this book to be much better than "Healing Depression & Bipolar Disorder Without Drugs" because this book is better written, contains neutral information, and lays out more informative explanations on how to cure bipolar using either natural or western medications. Unlike the other book, this book's author does not resort to paranoid and extreme examples!
* This book is a must-have for anyone - not just those with bipolar disorder, but also those who consider themselves "normal" in spite of suffering from certain other mental imbalances! I cannot recommend it enough!
* This book offers some good information; however, I wished the author had provided with a list of alternative medications and treatments for bipolar disorder!
* This book seems to be very informative and well-researched; however, it does not include a plan of action or any kind of guidance!
* This is a nice book, but I wish I had it when my sister's ex-boyfriend committed suicide after being hit with bipolar. We hope and pray that other bipolar sufferers do not meet the same fate!
* I had to laugh at this book's author, who recommends over-the-counter stuff like GABA (which is extremely limited in what it can do) and dangerous alternatives such as 5-HTP and L-tryptophan (both of which can trigger mania after just a couple of days' of use), while being extremely critical of Lithium which is after all, a natural substance and is known to restore parts of the brain damaged by bipolar disorder.
Also, if people are on the right medicines (even prescription drugs) then they just don't "feel" anything "bad" because the meds just happen to work!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
This seems like a good book for anyone suffering from bipolar disorder, depression or insomnia. As for the list of medications, well you can follow any link on the left or use the search function of this site to get information on alternative medications. One reviewer claimed that 5-HTP can cause mania after just a couple of days' of use; however, since I have taken 5-HTP for several weeks without suffering from any kind of "mania" effect, I have to disagree with that reviewer!
About the Author:
I have been writing poetry and fiction since I was a child. As an adult, I added nonfiction of multiple kinds to my writing loves. I’ve published more than 50 articles in magazines and newspapers and authored seven books on natural medicine, including The Natural Medicine Guide to Autism and Natural Medicine First Aid Remedies (see Books for the others). My work has been included in poetry, prayer, and travel-writing anthologies and I am the editor of the anthologies Audacious Aging and Goddess Shift: Women Leading for a Change.
My most recent book is What the Animals Taught Me: Stories of Love and Healing from a Farm Animal Sanctuary. In 1997, a miniature horse named Pegasus started me on the path to creating the Animal Messenger Sanctuary, a safe haven for farm animals. The book tells the story of the sheep, donkeys, and wild animals and birds who made the sanctuary their home. For their health, the sanctuary sheep need to be sheared annually. I offer the loving energy of their wool through organic wool comforters that can be purchased to support the sanctuary.
My healing practice, Energy Healing for Animals, grew out of years of helping the animals on the sanctuary heal from illnesses. Now I offer Healing Touch for Animals® (HTA) and other energy medicine modalities to clients with animals who need healing assistance. Energy medicine rebalances and strengthens the energy system; supports the animal’s innate ability to heal; and helps with injury, illness, pain, trauma, behavioral issues, surgery recovery, disease prevention, and end-of-life care. I treat cats, dogs, horses, sheep, donkeys, and any other creatures who need me.
Since 1993, I have run Angel Editing Services, an editing and writing consulting business specializing in nonfiction books, with a particular focus on psychospirituality, natural medicine, and other alternative thought.
Originally from Philadelphia, I went to high school in the Virgin Islands, college in New Hampshire and Wisconsin (earning a BS in dance therapy from UW-Madison), traveled the world, moved every year for a decade or so, but have been pleased to call the San Francisco Bay Area my home since 1979. I live in beautiful Sonoma County north of the City.[Source: Stephaniemarohn.com]
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.6 x 0.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn