Publisher Atria; 1 edition (March 4, 2008)
Dr. Mark Hyman claims that his easy-to-follow program, which lasts eight weeks, focuses on how our food communicates with our genes. This science field is called "nutrigenomics." This highly customizable plan will be designed to match your genetic makeup, thereby balancing and stabilizing your metabolism to help your body shed weight automatically. Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* Full of common sense
* Not just weight loss, but overall health
* I recommend this book highly
* UltraMetabolism takes a holistic view of, and provides a prescription for, a lifestyle that will lead to metabolic health
* Very informative and, in some cases, surprising information
* I believe the author is spot-on about the health benefits of a low GL diet
* I'm pleased with the results
* It is one of the most informational books I've read in a long time
* Dr. Hyman bases his ideas on REAL SCIENCE that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE
* Forget counting calories, going hungry, avoiding fats/carbs or whatever the newest culprit is according to the diet food industry
* Found this book to be one of the best about diet / exercise and how to reverse insulin resistance
* I love the fact that I'm never hungry and have tons more energy
* Even my horrific PMS symptoms have gone away
* Maybe this book works if whole foods are new to you, if you really do have a food allergy, if you have 100+ pounds to lose?
* Great with great info if you can afford to shop at Whole Foods and have a gold-plated government health policy that pays for all kinds of tests
* The recipes are NOT family friendly
* I e-mailed the web site to ask them a question and, of course, no response
* They could have skipped all the scientific stuff in the beginning of the book
* Probably a good book for people who eat too much processed foods, otherwise I would not recommend this book
* It was a bit too complicated
* The plan is too extreme for most anybody to follow
* Ultrametabolism is ultra boring
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
Most people are well-pleased with this book. Some people use it as a reference guide and others actually follow the eating program it outlines. Some people complained that it was "too scientific", "too technical" and hard to follow and others found it easy to read.
This plan is somewhat difficult to follow, not to mention expensive, but if you follow it, you should find success.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
NY Times best-selling author, Mark A. Hyman, M.D. has written six other books, including The UltraMetabolism Cookbook. He is proclaimed as a leader in the field of functional medicine.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn