Product name: Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer With Exactemp Technology
Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with Exclusive ExacTemp Technology. Pre-Warmed tip ensures temperature accuracy. Guidance System confirms secure position for accurate readings.
What's in the Box:
Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technology, protective case, lens filters, and batteries. Click here for more information!
* Ear Thermometers Deliver Most Precise Readings
* Pre-warmed Tip and Guidance System Ensure Accuracy Every Time
* Infra-Red Technology and Flexible Tip Make Measurement Fast and Gentle
* Lens Filters Improve Accuracy and Safety
* About Braun: Award-Winning Design, Quality, and Innovation
* Infra-Red Technology and Flexible Tip Make Measurement Fast and Gentle
* Model # IRT-4520
* Category: Infrared
* Dimensions: 9.06 x 6.85 x 3.54 inches
* Color: Blue/White
* Warranty: 60 days
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This thermometer was recommended by our doctor and we love its speed, accuracy, and the fact that we can easily choose between Celsius/Fahrenheit!
* We are quite satisfied with its reliability. If only all the hospitals would use such an ear thermometer, you'd know that you've got a more accurate reading!
* Unlike our previous thermometer which would take 2 minutes to get my child's ear reading, this one does the job in two seconds flat! Plus it does not feel cold when taking the ear reading, so my child does not mind having her temperature taken!
* Not only it was recommended by our pediatric doctor, we also like the fact that our sick child is actually happy when we take the temperature!
* While it may not be always accurate, we love the fact that we can know it instantly whether our little ones have fever or not, and that our kids don't mind it because it does not hurt their ears! Even our neighbor borrows it frequently from us!
* The instructions are very easy to understand and we were able to start using it right away! We wonder why we did not buy it sooner!
* In the hospitals they use rectal thermometers but as a mother of a 4-year old toddler, I would say that this aural thermometer is a great choice for home use!
* I had this thermometer brought in anticipation of our new baby. Then it happened that all of us got sick, and that is when this thermometer came handy!
* My drawer is full of useless thermometers! The good ones usually cost $200 and upward. Finally, I got a thermometer that actually works, is simple to use and comes at a price that is hard to beat!
* This thermometer is being sold cheaper in Amazon compared to the other stores. Later I found out the reason is that while the thermometers sold by the other stores are all made in Germany, this one is made in Mexico!
* It works well but if you take the temperature at night then the screen does not light up and you would have to switch on a light to read the temperature. This is a major defect in my opinion!
* The temperature readings given by this product are INACCURATE. We concluded this after testing our baby's temperature using three other thermometers - while all those thermometers gave the reading at 38.9 (Celsius), this one kept showing the normal temperature (37.3). I don't recommend it!
* Not only are the readings given by this thermometers inaccurate and unreliable, its large tip is also not suitable for the much smaller ear canals of infants. I would rate it 1 out of 5!
* I think this is an excellent product because it works right, provided that you take the first temperature when your infant is normal (so as to establish the baseline), take at least 3-4 readings throughout the day, and alternate between the two ears when taking the reading. It is however, overpriced at Amazon, being sold here at a price that is 30 bucks more than that of other stores. I recommend that you buy it, but not on Amazon!
* This product maybe easy to use but it does not give accurate results. Our doctors and emergency nurses said that ear thermometer is the worst kind of thermometer ever! For greater accuracy, I would suggest using an under-the-tongue thermometer for adults and a rectal one for toddlers!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
While this product may not be great and may not work for everyone, I think some of the negative reviewers are either too biased or too quick to judge. Firstly, as someone said, you should know the normal temperature of your infant before blaming the thermometer; secondly, as far as aural thermometers are concerned, temperatures may vary from ear to ear, so it is important that you don't take readings from just one ear all the time but instead, alternate between the two ears; thirdly, you should not judge any thermometer from taking just one temperature in 24 hours because, as a matter of fact, temperatures vary throughout the day - so, ideally, you should take at least 3-4 readings.
As for the cost, I would say that it is affordable (others might say that it is cheap/expensive; each to their own I guess)! I am not defending this product by any means; let us face it, I won't become a millionaire by making a few thermometer sales! I am just saying, please don't judge a thermometer based what others say; rather, buy it and judge for yourself!
Generally speaking, the temperature reading given by an aural thermometer (as opposed to a rectal one) may be slightly inaccurate; this may not mean anything for adults, but for toddlers, even a small difference can make them uncomfortable and grumpy! In essence, you have got a choice between comfort (aural) and accuracy (rectal). I would suggest using ear thermometers only as a screen and not the ultimate diagnosis! If your intuition says that your child is sick but the thermometer says otherwise, I would suggest running to a child specialist for a quick checkup; after all, when it comes to infants, you can never be too careful!
Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
Braun is a premium German brand for electrical appliances. Some associate Braun with design, based on the pioneering industrial design led by Dieter Rams and his successors. Others think of German engineering and innovation: Braun’s invention of the Plexiglas lid for turntables or discovery of two-component molding, or its innovations in metal surfaces or plastics molding. Many simply consider the indestructible nature of Braun appliances, renowned for their reliability, longevity and sustainability.
All are true and relevant facets of the Braun brand. But Braun is more than this. Braun wants to go “beyond design.” This does not mean design is no longer important to us – today it is more important than ever. Going beyond design means viewing design in the context of consumer experience.
Our goal is to design our products with details that make a difference in people’s lives, to bring consumers experiences to life in what we call the “Braun moment.” This idea is summarized in our brand line “Designed to make a difference.”[Source: Braun.com]
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
BRAUN ESSENTIALS SERVICE EAST
650 PLEASANT STREET (REAR)
WATERTOWN, MA 02472
Phone: 1-800-BRAUN-11 (1-800-272-8611)
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: None Available
Sold by Firemall LLC and Shipped by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
About Firemall LLC:
Since its establishment Firemall LLC has prioritized customer support Satisfaction, and service, earning consumer confidence and financial strength. Firemall LLC is a name recognized as the forerunner in Camera, Video, and Computer sales and service . Along with competitive pricing, we offer the best combination of quality services, a vast selection, and knowledgeable staff.
With over 20 years of electronics experience, trust us to help you with all your digital needs. You can shop with confidence. All products sold by Firemall LLC come complete with a full USA warranty and include all manufactures accessories. Choose from a large selection of Digital Cameras, Digital Camcorders, and more.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn