Product name: Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner by Marpac (formerly known as the Sleepmate/Sound Screen 980A)
Is your sleep being disturbed by noisy neighbors, or your barking dog? Maybe someone near your house turns on a high-pitched stereo system every midnight. You know it sucks, but what can you do apart from shouting at the neighbor/dog? Well, we have got a better way! Introducing the Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner that claims to keep such noises from reaching your ears, thereby helping you relax, sleep or concentrate more easily!
This white noise generator is recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, and many others. The Original Sound Conditioner first introduced in 1962; now in its 4th generation design. The Dohm-DS features two speeds, for greater flexibility in tone and volume.
What's in the Box:
Marpac Dohm-DS sound conditioner, power cord, and user manual.
Click here for more information!
* Dohm-DS formerly known as the Sleepmate/Sound Screen 980A
* Creates the soothing sound of rushing air known as white noise - with two speed operation for a greater range of sound
* Provides excellent noise-masking capabilities and a soft comfortable background sound where it might otherwise be too quiet
* Perfect for baby nurseries - day care centers - college dorms - apartments - or any sleep environment where unwanted disturbing or intrusive noise is a problem
* Suitable for home - office - or - travel use and ships in frustration-free packaging
* Made in the USA; Made of durable plastic; One year limited warranty; UL listed
Rotate cap and collar. See additional instructions in package.
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* For a long time, I have had trouble sleeping due to the loud and erratic behavior of my noisy neighbors. This product is simply great! It blocks noises of even the most obnoxious neighbor out there!
* I have got nothing but good things to say about this product! This is indeed a fantastic sleep machine! It does exactly what it says on the tin! I would rate it 5 stars!
* It effectively replaces the sounds of noisy and erratic neighbors with the more pleasant noise of a rush of air, which I like very much! I'd say that this product is worth every penny!
* I have been using white noise machines for a long time but since they don't last very long, I have been looking for a replacement. This one is really good. It is not much effective if you lower its speed (you get a low, whistling sound which I don't like at all) but at higher speed it offers you a very quiet atmosphere!
* I bought Marpac 980 a long time ago and am extremely happy with its performance so far! I love its 'hissing' sound. Even if you live in a very loud city it should still work!
* Let us say that your lover/spouse snores deeply in his sleep. Apart from divorcing him or heading to another bedroom (neither of which I wanted to do), what choice do you have? Well, I have got this sound blocker here, which blocks even the snores of my partner well, so that I am no more awakened by his snoring!
* I've got a very weird problem: if I hear a loud sound when I am going to sleep, then I tend to focus on that sound and thus, am unable to get any sleep or relaxation! This machine is an absolute night saver for me! Sure, it does not cover up the noises completely, but I would rather hear its soothing, calm noise than those loud and distracting noises!
* I had a hard time trying to figure out how to get a night's sleep in the midst of the noises of my neighbors and that of my husband's snoring. Ever since I bought this product back in 1993, I have been enjoying sound sleep every night! It has literary saved my marriage!
* It is not a miracle machine, but does it job well. For me, it can very well mask most of the noises, even the loudest one out there, but by no means it covers them up completely! Note that the same product is sold under two different brand names: "SoundScreen" and "SleepMate"!
* It sure covers the louder noises out there, but at the same time it replaces those noises with a noise of its own which is extremely straining on my ear. If you are okay with its noise then I think it might work good for you!
* For its price, I expected a quieter fan, but what you get here is a 'noisy' noise blocker than sounds like you are running a high-pitched fan or a low-power hair dryer in your room!
* This was a complete waste of money for me. Even at its highest setting it can barely mask noises well. A regular fan does a better job of covering up noises. I am returning it for a refund!
* This is nothing more than a fancy, expensive fan. At its loudest, it sure masks the noise of my neighbor but then creates a muffled noise of its own that is more distracting to me than that of my neighbor; on the other hand, at its quietest it blocks out all the other noises except that of my neighbor! I would suggest you buy a box fan instead!
* I have purchased several sound machines over the years but unlike the others, the noise of this one makes me more anxious instead of helping me relax. Even at its lowest volume, it gives out a very loud 'racing' noise that makes you want to move away from it as soon as possible!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
This is worth a try only if you have money to burn; just don't expect it to last very long or be able to drown very loud noises. Otherwise, (and in case you have no issues with this option) I would suggest using a cheap box fan instead!
Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Item model number: SleepMate 980A
This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
People don't make things in this country anymore.
We do. We are inventors and build things right. And we build them right here in the USA. Since 1962, our high-quality sound conditioners have been known for exceptional audio, ease of use, and durability. We have one goal: to bring serious sleep to millions of people. To do that, we have to be dedicated to customer service. So let us know what you think. We are always listening. Little things (like your opinion, and a good night's sleep) are important to us.[Source: Marpac.com]
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION:
Marpac, P.O. Box 560 Rocky Point, NC 28457,
Phone: 800-999-6962 (USA/Canada)
Best Time to Call: None Available
Fax: None Available
Email: info [at] marpac [dot] com
Live chat: https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/86167663/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=86167663&byhref=1
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com in certified Frustration-Free Packaging. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn