Product name: The Shy Single: A Bold Guide to Dating for the Less-than-Bold Dater
Product Authors: Bonnie Jacobson and Sandra J. Gordon
Are you single due to your shyness? There is nothing to worry about! You are not alone! Statistics say that more than 50% of adults in the United States are single due to their shyness! If you are unable to get dates due to your shyness, this book is for you!
So, whether you want to ask someone out, handle sexual advances from someone effectively, or just want to get past uneasy introductions, the confidence-boosting plan discussed in this book is going to be your panacea! Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This book is great for helping you break through the dating anxiety. I gave it to my shy friend who has never gone out for a date before, and now he is dating someone special, thanks to this book!
* This book is not a quick-fix remedy for your shyness. However, as someone who has been alone for 3-5 years mainly due to my shyness, I can say I found the realistic suggestions of this book immensely helpful!
* This book empowered me! I just wanted to date someone without feeling awkward or vulnerable in any way! Thanks to this book, I go out at least 2-3 times per week; at the very least, I don't sit in my house waiting for the world to come to me!
* This book helped me get in control of my dating life. If you want to control your love life but cannot, I recommend that you read this book!
* This book transformed me from a shy individual to a self-confident person! I am now able to enjoy my life fully, thanks to this book!
* This self-help book is actually for those who are extremely shy! The tips and suggestions offered in it are more likely to help you become self-confident so that you can handle your social interactions better, rather than get you a date! As far as dating and relationships are concerned, there is actually very little advice in this book! In addition I found the writing style a little boring!
* This book is great for those who have a lot of dates lined up already, but then again, if I am in a similar situation, why would I buy this book anyway? By the way, I found a girlfriend shortly after reading this book, and I feel that the advice and tips offered in this book are not really needed for getting a date. Dating has more to do with being yourself than developing social skills!
* The advice in this book is basic commonsense! I put it down after reading a quarter of it, and have not picked it up since then! The advice offered in this book is good only if you have limited skills/experience with dating, or social interactions in general.
* This book does not offer any insightful suggestions or tips. Read it as a novel!
* This book did not inspire me at all. I hate to read about "success stories" of people meeting and dating in bars!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
Let us forget the word "dating" for a moment. If you describe yourself as an extremely shy person who has trouble meeting or talking to someone new, or if you are so shy that you don't want to get off your couch and go out because you are afraid of getting yourself into awkward situations, this book will help you a lot. Getting rid of your shyness will help you not only in developing close relationships with members of the opposite sex but also in handling your career and life much better!
Now, as far as dating is concerned, there is indeed very little advice in this book. The one thing that the author seems to believe is that people who meet in bars click together easily, but like the other reviewer said, I don't want to date an alcoholic because I don't drink myself (so, going to a bar just to get a girlfriend, and pretending to be interested in beer and stuff just to get along with her - is not my cup of tea). I would say that once you get rid of your shyness with the help of this book, you will no longer be afraid of meeting new people, and eventually (let us hope) you will meet that "someone special" you have been looking for!
In short, this self-help book will help you become a self-confidence individual, but if you are looking strictly for dating advice, look somewhere else!
About the Authors:
Dr. Bonnie Jacobson is a spokesperson for the American Psychological Association, an adjunct professor of applied psychology at New York University, and the director of the New York Institute for Psychological Change. In private practice for over 30 years, she has been conducting shyness workshops for singles for more than a decade. She lives in New York City with her husband.
Sandra J. Gordon is a formerly shy single who writes frequently about health for such magazines as Fitness, Woman's Day, More, Child, and Parents. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and daughters.
Paperback: 223 pages
Publisher: Rodale Books
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.9 x 0.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn