Product name: 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan
Product Author: Linda Spangle
It does not matter which diet you are following; if you are a woman having difficulty in sticking to it, then this book is for you! It does not arbitrarily choose a particular diet for you as being the very "best of its kind"; instead, it lets you choose your own diet, and then offers you 100 short tips, ideas and tools to help you stick to your chosen diet program. The author believes that going on a diet is easy but sticking to it is hard, and unless you stick to your chosen diet, you really cannot expect to lose weight, can you? Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* Very concise and thought-provoking book. Each chapter is divided into short lessons of just 2-pages so that you can finish reading one chapter per day and be able to apply its principles instantly to improve your lifestyle! I am a 40-year old woman who gained weight due to lack of sleep and exercise, and this book helped me stick to my diet regimen!
* If you buy only ONE weight loss book, this should be it! It helped me lose 100 pounds! I loved the fact that it addressed many of the emotional issues that could sabotage even the very best weight loss plan for us!
* If you lack the willpower and motivation to stay on a diet, this book is for you! Not only it helped me get over my fear of food, it also boosted my morale and self-esteem! Do yourself a favor and invest in this book; you won't be sorry!
* This is an excellent book! I make it a point to read it every morning because it helps me keep going throughout the day. This book is highly accessible and interactive, and therefore, not very boring!
* I managed to lose 100 pounds in just 50 days, thanks to Linda's weight loss book! I have been an emotional eater for a long time and this book offered me the much needed guidance and insight into how some simple behavioral changes could help me lose weight! As a licensed psychologist, I have already recommended this book to a number of clients, friends and family members!
* With the help of this book I have managed to lose 120 pounds after my weight loss surgery! I loved the fact that I could use any eating plan with this book! Whether you have just been through a surgery like me, or are having difficulty in sticking to your preferred diet plan. I would highly recommend this affordable book to you! The short, bite-sized lessons keeps me from getting overwhelmed with information overload, while at the same time giving me yet another reason to eat!
* I have tried and failed to lose weight many a time! Linda's book changed my attitude towards eating and food in general! It taught me, for the first time, that food is not my problem; rather, my whole attitude towards food IS! Now I am able to lose one pound per week WITHOUT even being on any "official diet"!
* I am so glad I purchased this book; it paid me many times over the purchase price! I already knew that emotional eating was my problem, but was not sure about how to combat it! This book taught me just what I needed to know! I also loved the fact that the author does not impose any kind of restrictions on you and allows you to explore new opportunities like a free bird!
* If you are a woman like me with weight loss issues, this book might be the handsome prince you have been waiting for! I tried out a lot of weight loss books and failed to lose weight repeatedly. This is the book that finally made me commit to my weight loss plan! Thanks Linda for making me look and feel like a princess!
* I just LOVE this book! Whether you are already on a diet and having problems staying on track, or are just starting your weight loss journey, this book is a MUST-have for you! This is not a diet book per se but it makes you take a long, hard look at yourself and helps you realize why you are failing to lose weight again and again! Ever since I have started following the tips of this book, I have been feeling way more enthusiastic about my life than ever before!
* This book looked inspiring at first but as days passed, I found the advice to be a little stale, what with the author constantly perpetuating the "same old, same old" message throughout the book. Also, it sounds kinda silly and cheesy at places! For example, it suggests me to walk up to total strangers and ask them about their eating plans, as well as to pester my boyfriend about what he is going to do to support my weight loss goals! No way I am going to do that kind of stuff! Overall it was a decent read but I don't think it is something I can stick to for a long time.
* This book simply assumes that I have enough time to write down everything I do within a day (into a journal or logbook); if that were true then I would also have enough time to do an endless number of workouts, in which case, I would not even have a weight problem to begin with! If I follow this book to the T, it is just too much work for me; can't do it!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
This is a decent book for any woman who is having trouble sticking to her chosen diet plan or weight loss program! If you are someone who is already motivated enough to stay on the weight loss journey you have started, then obviously, you don't need this or any other "motivational" book! I do agree with one of the reviewers that if you take a hard and deep look into this book then its style may occasionally come across as silly or cheesy; to such people, my only advice is: maybe you should take a deep and hard look at yourself instead; that way, you would have a fatter (pun intended) chance of reaching your weight loss goal fast!
As for it being too much work to record your daily activities, well I think that unless you want others to understand what you are writing in your logbook, you don't need to be very detailed about it! You can save time by using shorthand or code words to record your daily activities. Also, no one said that you would need to record each and everything you do in a 24-hour period; even recording a summarized version of your meals (both major and minor), workouts and activities of the day would serve the purpose just fine! I suggest that you do the "journal" thingy when you want to take a little break to watch the television, or just before bedtime!
About the Author:
Linda Spangle is the founder and director of WINNERS for Life, a weight-management program in Denver, Colorado. She has counseled more than 1,200 clients and her clinic has served as a referral source for more than 350 Denver-area physicians.
A popular speaker in Denver, Linda has taught classes and seminars on eating disorders; emotional and psychological aspects of weight loss; nutrition and exercise; stress management; and motivation. Her clients include IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Merrill Lynch, Amoco Oil, and Medifast, Inc. Spangle's articles on nutrition, weight loss, and motivation appear in Denver's major newspapers and she is a frequent guest on local radio talk shows.
Spangle received her Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from South Dakota State University, and her Master of Arts degree from the University of Northern Colorado. She lives in Denver with her husband, Mike, and their two dogs.
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 6.2 x 0.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn