Product name: A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever
Product Author: Marianne Williamson
Ever heard of the term "spiritual weight loss"? No, right? Well, let me ask you a question: after working so hard in order to lose all the extra baggage of fat, why is it that you gained back all that "lost" weight so quickly? You may be wondering that you are not very "lucky" as far as weight loss is concerned, but Marianne says it has more to do with your mindset!
When you are overweight, it is not just your body, but also your mind, which is overweight! With most of the currently available weight loss solutions, while you are able to lose your body fat, in your subconscious mind, you are still overweight, and therefore, subconsciously, you will be doing those same things over and over again that made you overweight in the first place!
For example, consciously you may try to avoid junk food but you will still say to yourself: "Hey, one extra bite won't hurt" and before you know, you have taken so many bites of that forbidden food that the inevitable happens: you gain weight, AGAIN!
Fortunately, now there is someone who not only teaches you how to lose your body weight but also the "weight" of your mind and spirit! The 21 lessons of this book deals with just that! Click here for more information!
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This book is more about spirituality than food; it is about how the mind influences the body to gain weight. Irrespective of your spiritual beliefs, I believe that you would find this book quite helpful.
* Out of all the weight loss authors, it seems that Marianne Williamson has finally gotten to the root of the weight gain problem. The foreword by Dr. Dean Ornish and the introduction of the book are alone worth the price of this book!
* A completely different type of book. The author wrote it so clearly and beautifully that it is easy to read!
* If you can handle the bitter, honest truth about why you keep gaining weight time and again, this excellent book is worth a read!
* I used to weigh 30 pounds more and no matter what I did to achieve weight loss, I would keep gaining weight off and on! Thanks to Marianne's book, I have learned how to love myself and that insight has changed my life for the better!
* This book gets right to the core reason why you are fat! I managed to lose 35 pounds by using the tips and advice of this book!
* Since childhood I have had issues with food and I am thankful to Marianne for the light of love and spirituality she has shown to me. I am thankful to the author for teaching me that the key to permanent weight loss lies in having faith in God and Love!
* This is a great course on "emotional weight loss". Before I read this book, I used to believe that I have to be disciplined enough not to surrender myself to emotional eating, and that I can lose weight only when I put decent effort into exercising. However, after reading Marianne's book, my outlook on life changed completely! I understood that when you love your body, exercising and healthy eating is something you would do automatically without even realizing it! If you are tired of looking for weight loss solutions in the wrong places, this book is for you!
* Ladies, if you want to set yourself free from the great chain of weight loss and weight gain, read this book! The lessons of this book would not just help you to look good but also feel good!
* Although I am a huge fan of Marianne, I don't like some of the advice offered in this book. On one hand she seems to stress that one has to be a compulsive eater in order to become overweight; on the other, the writing style seems to be too artificial to be Marianne's! The overwhelming nature of the information offered here does not help matters either!
* The ideas shared in this book are very traditional and not some innovating stuff I was hoping for! Overall, this is not a book for me!
* As a huge fan of Marianne, I was sorely disappointed with this painful book. I wonder if the "Oprah Winfrey" influence made her to write this way!
* Usually I enjoy Marianne's books but this one left me cold! I feel that the issue of emotional eating and its connection with obesity has not been addressed properly in this book. It just looks like a "marketing tool" to me!
* I read this book several times and not only was I unable to relate myself to any of the material, I also did not find the book inspiring enough! Overall, this is not the book I was hoping for!
* This is a good book for you if you are an overeater AND a very religious person. For me, overeating is not the problem, but rather, the issue lies with my choice of the wrong foods and portion sizes! At one point the author even claims that simple communication with God can help you lose weight. I wish it were that easy!
* I think the title is incorrect, because this book deals more with self-love than weight loss! I was neither convinced nor encouraged by what the author has to say, although I believe that she has some amazing ideas and makes several amazing points! The author even says that this book is mainly for those people who consider themselves "free-spirited"; in spite of being a free-spirited person I got nothing much helpful out of it!
* Apart from Dr. Ornish's preface, I found the rest of the book too moralistic and judgmental for my tastes! The religious dogma as perpetuated by the author of this book does not help the truth-seeker; rather, it helps keep the flame of "b.s." burning! I wish I had read the reviews before buying the book!
* In spite of trying my level best, I found it difficult to finish this book. There is nothing new or helpful here! For me, it is not emotional eating but rather, the wrong choice of food that is the reason behind my obesity! I feel that the author has written this book just to cash in on the weight loss crowd!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
Well this book is more about "mind power" than weight loss, so if you are looking for some spiritual advice, or in case your mind is "ill" then this book would help put your mind at ease. The weight loss tips given here are pretty basic. The author goes overboard with some of the weight loss advice she shares in this book; for example, no matter how deeply religious you are, I don't think I would be able to convince you that losing weight is all a matter of connecting yourself spiritually with God! I wonder if the author herself believes in what she says!
If you are a newbie, then skip this book. I would recommend this book to the more experienced people (who already know what works and what does not in weight loss) who would be able to get the meat and potatoes out of this book and ignore all the fluff! And of course, if emotional eating is part of your problem, this book would be of partial help to you; it would help heal your mind to an extent, so that you are able to find happiness in things other than food; but even for that, you have to believe in God and Love. If you are a deeply cynical atheist then this book is not for you!
About the Author:
Marianne Williamson (born July 8, 1952) is a spiritual activist, author, lecturer and founder of The Peace Alliance, a grass roots campaign supporting legislation currently before Congress to establish a United States Department of Peace. She is also the founder of Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels program that serves homebound people with AIDS in the Los Angeles area. She has published ten books, including four New York Times #1 bestsellers. Her book, The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife, was published in January 2008 and spent five weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list. Her latest book, published in November 2010, is called A Course in Weight Loss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight Forever. She has been a popular guest on television programs such as Oprah, Larry King Live, Good Morning America, Charlie Rose and Politically Incorrect.
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Hay House
Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 0.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn