Product name: A Fistful of Dollars (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) (1967)
In a town ripped apart with greed and revenge, an anonymous gunfighter pits two rival gangs against each other so that he can get rich in the bargain! Click here for more information!
Special features of this edition:
* Disc 1:
* Feature Film
* Audio Commentary
* Disc 2:
* Special Features:
* Featurette- A New Kind of Hero
* Featurette- A Few Weeks in Spain (Clint Eastwood on the experience of making this film)
* Featurette- Cinqe Voci (Five friends remember Sergio Leone)
* Featurette- Not Ready for Primetime (Monte Hellman discussion on The Prologue Shot for the first TV release to legitimize The Man with No Name's amoral killing)
* Additional Scene- The Network Prologue - with Harry Dean Stanton
* Featurette- Location Comparisons - intercutting film clips with current footage of locations used.
* Radio Spots - 10 Radio spots - audio only with texted video
18 and Above (due to the violence present in the movie)
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY:
Below is a summary of the feedback we gathered from the product's ACTUAL customers:
* This is the best movie in the "man with no name" trilogy due to its subtlety. Although most viewers would think that main character has no morals, it is not wholly true!
* For any Clint Eastwood fan, this movie is worth watching due to the strong performances of the lead actors as well as the breathtaking scenery! The quality of the MGM DVD is also great with excellent sound!
* A Fistful of Dollars is a fascinating remake of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo. It should be in every movie fan's library! The DVD quality is good too, with subtitles and trailers as bonus extras!
* If you want to buy a good edition of A Fistful of Dollars, this is it! This DVD is worth several fistfuls of dollars!
* If you love westerners, this timeless classic is a MUST-buy for you! Clint Eastwood delivers one of his best performances here. The DVD quality did not disappoint me either!
* This digital restoration is of terrific quality! The commentary by Christopher Frayling is very interesting and insightful!
* I always preferred Sergio Leone's westerners over the American westerns of the 50's and 60's because unlike the characters of Sergio Leone's films, the characters in the American movies were either totally black or white! Even if all you want to know is what made Clint Eastwood a famous star, you should watch this movie!
* If you are a fan of spaghetti westerners, you will definitely love this movie as an artistic expression of existentialism! The main character, although driven by pure selfishness, follows a code of honor! The DVD's picture quality is much better than any VHS; the sound quality, although bad, is probably the best sound quality you would get!
* This is a very unusual movie, which of course makes it one of the greatest Westerners to ever hit the silver screen! Despite Ennio Morricone's superb score and Leone's stylized direction, it is the character of Joe, aka, "The Man with No Name" who makes this movie work!
* This movie is good but the DVD quality is bad. The movie deserves a much better restoration!
Click here to read more customer reviews on this product!
There are not many Westerners I have watched, but I certainly watched this movie, together with A Few More Dollars and The Good, the Bad and The Ugly ! Out of the three, this is the movie I like the best! It has a singular, straight plot with plenty of action and suspense. With The Good, the Bad and The Ugly, too much was going on, resulting in confusion; A Few More Dollars, on the other hand, looks more like a terrible clone of A Fistful of Dollars!
Enough is said about Clint's Eastwood's performance, but Gian Maria Volonté delivers a decent performance too! Ennio Morricone's score is indeed breathtaking and I have lost count of many times I have listened to it; the music that plays when Clint's character rescues Marisol is particularly my favorite! Don't forget to buy both the movie AND the soundtrack , otherwise your enjoyment of this atmospheric would remain incomplete!
The movie's soundtrack contains the following tracks:
1. Titoli [From A Fistful of Dollars]
2. Almost Dead
3. Square Dance
4. The Chase
5. The Result
6. Without Pity
7. Theme from a Fistful of Dollars
8. A Fistful of Dollars Suite
Click here for more information about the movie's soundtrack!
Actors: Clint Eastwood, Gian Maria Volonté, Marianne Koch, Wolfgang Lukschy, Sieghardt Rupp
Directors: Monte Hellman, Sergio Leone
Writers: A. Bonzzoni, Akira Kurosawa, Duccio Tessari, Fernando Di Leo, Jaime Comas Gil
Format: AC-3, Collector's Edition, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 2
Rated: R (Restricted)
Studio: MGM (Video & DVD)
DVD Release Date: June 5, 2007
Run Time: 99 minutes
This product is sold and shipped by Amazon.com.Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | eMail | LinkedIn